Energy Suspension

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Nissan-S14
Car: 95 Nissan 240SX SE

I dont think this topic was dicussed before. So... Does anyone in here have the Urathane Bushings installed by Energy Suspension? If so any comments.

My friend had them installed on his car, he was complaining that car is too harsh. and wheel is bumpy, and he would never put them in again.

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

Yes they do ride harder, urethane doesn't have as much "give" as rubber. I have them in my room, however they won't be installed till springtime. I like a harsh ride, well, actually I like my car to be able to handle better, harsh ride means you are doing it right (well it could mean you are doing it wrong too, but you get my point).

Nissan-S14

anyone has them installed?

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

"Urathane Bushings installed by Energy Suspension"

I highly doubt anyone went to energy suspension and got them installed, now as for bushing made BY ES, no I dont but I had them in my 300ZX and I didnt notice very much ride deterioration, and it did firm up steering repose quite a bit.

I have a s13 so they dont make things for meh yet :(but I'm getting a set of solid alluminum rear subframe bushings and NISMO suspension bushings...so its all gud.

I am jacks spelling errors.-chet

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

Nissan-S14 wrote:My friend had them installed on his car, he was complaining that car is too harsh. and wheel is bumpy, and he would never put them in again.

Instead of asking for more OPINIONS why don't you just go for a ride in his car...he is your friend.

Nissan-S14

APEXi240 wrote:Instead of asking for more OPINIONS why don't you just go for a ride in his car...he is your friend.

if it was that easy to decide. He them installed in his Impala, i mean his ride to me is ****ty with or without them. :D

Bbill528
Car: Cars, running, skiing

I got them for Christmas, haven't installed them, or even recieved them. It's been a few weeks....damn options auto.

jmac
Car: weld/fab, fishing

Exar-Kun wrote:"Urathane Bushings installed by Energy Suspension"

I highly doubt anyone went to energy suspension and got them installed, now as for bushing made BY ES, no I dont but I had them in my 300ZX and I didnt notice very much ride deterioration, and it did firm up steering repose quite a bit.

I have a s13 so they dont make things for meh yet :(but I'm getting a set of solid alluminum rear subframe bushings and NISMO suspension bushings...so its all gud.

I am jacks spelling errors.-chet
chet,are you having your aluminum bushings made or are they available aftermarket? i undid my front right mount on the rear subframe to take out the bushing so i could make solid ones myself, but couldn't get it out easily. any hints, short of a torch and a flathead screwdriver?

Exar-Kun

either take it to a machine shop, or goto http://www.jspec.com

they have alluminum rear subframe bushings on there...-chet

import silvia

I have them installed and they are fine. They aren't nearly as harsh as the coilovers. I did notice more noise and feel from my front suspension but it was not "harsh", more like connected.

stunt_driver

i never ridden in a car that had urathane bushing before, but i found out about a week autozone sells energy suspension bushings and they keep them in stock as odd as it sounds they do. i saw them on the shelf when i went to buy motor oil

Exar-Kun

still nothing but NISMO bushings for the s13's....I'll be getting those and the GET solid rear subframe units probably.-chet

Cloudedone
Car: Cars, Drifting, Auto Mechanics, Army, Chicks

chet,

Cusco makes some bushings as well (http://www.japanparts.com), not sure if they are the ones your looking for thought... You know i'd be nice if there was a list of all the bushing that could be replaced to help improve your handling, is there one?

Galen

Exar-Kun

yeah, coutresy nissan has a part listing for NISMO suspension bushings. I'd relaly like a complete SET, except for the front T/C rod bushings(I have battle version front rods) so...oh well :p-chet

drifts14x
Car: Cars, Motorcycles, Drifting

I want to know which model of 240 you're talking about, cause I cant find the Polyurethane Complete Bushing kits for the S13 anywhere!!! I've heard nothing but good things and the Energy Suspension Polyurethane D-Link bushings I have on my rear sway bar (from a 300ZX, I know I'm a cheater but I didn't wanna wait) worked great. Sorry to post hog but if anyone knows where to find those bushings, please help a drifter out!

Exar-Kun

courtesy nissan has them now.http://www.courtesyparts.com/e....html

:)-chet(I prefer the NISMO bushings, or heim joints if possible..but...*shrug* ES is good and cheaper!)

markbuts3
Car: Family, Car, PC

Superpro in Australia do bushing for lots of cars....

http://www.superpro.com.au/indexSuperPro.htm

US distributors...

Global Parts Source,Inc 238 Hoover Blvd, Suite 30 Holland Michigan 49423 USA Ph: +1-61639 52062 Fax: +1-61639 69804 E-mail: [email protected]

From the PDF catalogue....

sohc90adel
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx HB 5 speed Grey

Suspension.com and enjukuracing.com have the energy suspension kit. Im thinking about getting them but i wanna know if whitline bushings kit has more bushings. PDM-racing .com has the complete kit for 300 dollars. Ithink that a lot. Energy suspension is $120 in suspension .com. Ive got some dilemas. S13 parts are finally springing up. Its made me wanna stay with my car now.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”