End of DACA

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

This is one time I actually think the Trump Administration is correct. The previous administration gave us DACA by presidential order and IF the people and their representatives want to protect those brought here as children it is Congress' responsibility to pass it as a law. The President does not appear to looking to veto it (although with this President, I don't think even he has a clue what he would do). Any veto would most likely be based on whether or not he and his family can profit financially by doing so.

RCA

srellim234 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:05 am
it is Congress' responsibility to pass it as a law
That is the problem right there...

Here is the Princeton study if you want to read, and the video below if you want to watch.

Also we have to look to what was happening at the time. The US was being inundated with Central American immigrants due to an outbreak of violence. With soo many immigrant children coming over a solution needed to be reached. Congress couldn't come to a solution as usual and so the President acted without them in order to bring some relieve to this humanitarian crisis.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... e-u-s-law/

Now should DACA continue? I think we should study the pro and cons, and see where we stand.

My bet is that these young kids will end up helping the US far more than they hurt the US.

Return to “Politics Etc.”