Ems?

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
mojo22
Car: a lot of stuff

has anyone thought of trying out an AEM race version for an EMS, or do you think its too much trouble to set up all the parameters?

it has some really cool options like WOT switches that will cut your a/c when you are wide open, as well as nitrous control, all sorts of fun things like that.

we put a plug and play in a supra, and i am not totally impressed yet. BUT, we don't have a dyno to mess with it, so we've been doing rolling tune with wideband.....and i don't agree with the gap on the plugs and a few other things that i believe is causing problems that should not have been there in the first place. but, it is not my call on that one, so now i just let my partner (his car) do his own thing and i sit back and pretend to be trying to figuire it out since we don't agree, when really i'm just learning the software and tables better. BUT I REALLY LIKE THE ADJUSTABILITY BY LAPTOP. with a wideband datalogging i think it would be really could for playing at the track.

AkaiRPS13
Car: Kyoumi wa kuruma ya bujitsu ya nihongo desu.

I think I already heard that the 240 engine cuts the AC at WOT. my ac belt is loose so every time i have my AC on and I shift while realy going at it it makes a loud squeel. I call it my temporary blowoff valve.

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

I've only heard bad things about AEM up untill now, at least about the interface, the software looks nice but I had heard it's a bear to program.

Most of my freinds are either running SDS or Haltech, I'd go for it if I could afford it, but I'm on an Emanage budget.

As far as settup, from what I heard (this is all 3rd party info) most shops have no clue how it works and can offer very little help. So you basically on your own with it.

But if the tables are simple it shouldn't be too hard

later,PaulOrlando, FL

mojo22
Car: a lot of stuff

on the other end of the spectrum, i really like the idea of the SDS as well, and for an older engine it might be fun to try. but, the AEM does have a lot of different tables. the race version would be a butt to set up. but when you use a "plug and play" version, a lot of the tables are already set. the problem with them is, people go in there messing with stuff that they dont' know what they are doing. automapping is supposed to be out in a week, so we'll see what kind of response that gets. once you get the car to idle it gets a whole lot easier.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”