Empowered

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
BenDupre
Car: 2007 Versa SL w/CVT, 2006 Quest 3.5

I just got a survey in the mail from JD Power and associates. It came with a crisp $1.00 bill in the envelope!

I haven't bought a new car in a while... do they send surveys to everyone now or am I special?

I feel like I have just been granted the power to trash the reputation of this fledgling vehicle but I intend to fill out the survey honestly. Question number 5. "About how many miles per gallon are you getting with this vehicle" Hmmm funny you should ask...

Questions 1 through 13 (page 1) are questions about the vehicle. Question 14: "Things Gone Wrong" is three pages worth of checkboxes to tick off all the things about the vehicle the tick you off.

Page 5 Questions 16 to 23 summarize and page 6 24 to 35 cover demographics.

Ben

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

I didn't receive one when I bought the Versa, but I got one for each of the Kias that I bought in the past. It seems to be at least somewhat random when they send them out.

and yes, the crisp $1 bills are nice.

chicagoburbs

Personally, if I were as dissatisified as you, I'd be less than honest, otherwise the weight of your voice will not survive the statistical smoothing process.

BenDupre

Well my only b*tch is the mileage, otherwise I'm a very satisfied owner. My TPMS light came on once, but filling all the tires corrected it.

Then there's the idiot woman at NISSAN consumer affairs who told me "Nissan doesn't listen to customers' opinions", but at the top of the survey it says 2007 Nissan Versa, not Nissan consumer affairs.

Maybe I should auction my survey off to the highest bidder (most dissatisfied owner). Any bids?

Ben

sngwrtr
Car: Nissan Versa

I think J.D. Powers does random mailings so we may not all get one. I've also been told I'm going to get a Nissan survey, but I've only had the car a week.

I was a Neilson family once - they only paid 25 cents. I probably had no impact on their survey because at the time all I ever watched were reruns of Star Trek, Mash and Hogans Heroes.

BenDupre

NISSAN will send you a survey every time you drive by the dealership. I haven't bothered to fill any of those out.

For purchasing the vehicle you'll gete a very nicely packaged survey with a high-gloss ad for accessories and service.

I've got two of those (I also bought a new quest in June) but didn't fill them out either.

Ben

Ever Victorious

chicagoburbs wrote:Personally, if I were as dissatisified as you, I'd be less than honest, otherwise the weight of your voice will not survive the statistical smoothing process.
There are enough "less than honest" people filling these out anyway... on the other end of the spectrum, saying that their cars are absolutely perfect when they're not.

Personally, I'm a fan of being honest, whether you're satisfied or not. What JD Powers does with the information, well, they're going to do it whether you're honest or not. But at least if you are, you can be proud of that fact.

XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

I got one in the mail. This is survey 10 or so on the car since purchase.

Ever Victorious

I'd imagine as a new model, the Versa will be more heavily surveyed than other older models like the Sentra or Maxima...

BenzTech Gone Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8SL

i got a servey from jd when i bought my mercedes but not with the versa.i just got a survey from nissan for the sales person's grading.

OKVersa
Car: Nissan Versa

Our salesman said that Nissan relies HEAVILY on these surveys for bonuses and promotions for the salesmen.

I didn't get that because the dealership also has Cadillacs and Pontiacs. But I haven't filled ours out yet.

motoguy128
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S - 6 Speed

I got a survey about the dealer. I was honest, I had a great salesguy, but the finance guy and his manager were both verbally abusive and real A--holes after they screwed up and approved my for a loan they couldn't get underwritten. They tried to blame it on my credit which had nothing to do with it. It's funny how if you don't like the deal your stuck with it, but if the dealer makes a mistake and makes a bad deal they blame it on your credit (which they were supposed to have checked), they if you stand firm they finally offer to throw some money your way to sign a new deal and act as though they are doing you a favor. This was supposed to be some kind of "gold award" dealer for having high customer satisfaction. Apparently it doesn't include me.

Ever Victorious

motoguy128 wrote:I got a survey about the dealer. I was honest, I had a great salesguy, but the finance guy and his manager were both verbally abusive and real A--holes after they screwed up and approved my for a loan they couldn't get underwritten. They tried to blame it on my credit which had nothing to do with it. It's funny how if you don't like the deal your stuck with it, but if the dealer makes a mistake and makes a bad deal they blame it on your credit (which they were supposed to have checked), they if you stand firm they finally offer to throw some money your way to sign a new deal and act as though they are doing you a favor. This was supposed to be some kind of "gold award" dealer for having high customer satisfaction. Apparently it doesn't include me.
Wow, this sounds a lot like the dealer right down the street from my house that I avoid like the plague. They're not a "gold award" dealer by any stretch of the imagination (no awards from Nissan that I'm aware of PERIOD)... but sadly people are stupid and don't do research about the place they're buying their car, they just care about price... and their advertisements make it look like you're saving THOUSANDS on a cheap car (when you're not.. when you read the fine print, you're breaking even).. but they ALWAYS overpromise on the loan, let you take the car, and then call you back in to sign you up for a higher interest rate, hoping that since you've had the car for 3 days already, you'll like it and won't want to turn it back in. They were surprised when I did that to them twice. (I'm surprised I was dumb enough to go back the second time, but technically I've never actually bought a car from them, so...)

BenzTech Gone Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8SL

yeah my sales guy was cool but man the finance guy was big time "A" hole.

proxim2020

BenzTech Gone Versa wrote:yeah my sales guy was cool but man the finance guy was big time "A" hole.
Next time you get ready to buy a car, stop by CarBuyingTips.com. It's a free site that has all kinds of infomation about the do's and don't of buying a car. And it also lets you know what types of tricks dealers pull. I read the site before I went into a dealership and was surprised that the sales people were using the exact same tactics (some even word for word) that the site said they would. Plus the site helps you save tons of money and avoid fees and markups.

Return to “Versa General Chat”