Elminating the roof rails

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
rhvh2000
Car: Eat. Sleep. Golf. Lather, rinse repeat.

My Black FX came equipped with the roof rails, but I've pretty much decided I don't want them.

Did a little research and discovered that when I remove them, it will leave small rectangular holes at each of the four mount points.

These holes are covered by a small plastic part that snaps in. Cost is probably a penny.

But Infiniti wants to charge me $18+ for each one. In other words, to remove the roof rails I didn't want in the first place (and paid $170 for) I've got to pay another $72 to plug the holes.

Anyone with a black FX want to buy a pair of roof rails? :)

richardew

How much are they going to charge you to take the roof rails off? You have to drop the headliner, so it's not a simple job. richFX45 Black/Brick,tech'96 911 C4Cab

rhvh2000
Car: Eat. Sleep. Golf. Lather, rinse repeat.

Silly me, I just assumed it would be an easy unbolt job.Haven't asked that question yet...

RICOIS300

If it's all that work, you'll be better off leaving them right where they are unless you really hate them that much. They don't look bad. You don't want any leaks or screwups if they remove them wrong.

richardew

I was thinking of getting them put on. The service manager wasn.t sure what was involved. It is a simple job once you get to the place where they are secured, under the headliner! In the 5 years I had my ML 430, I never used them, so I doubt I'll have them take apart my FX to put them in.richFX45 w/tech, Black/Brick

Return to “Murano Forum”