electrical

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
sawyer24
Car: Datsun 520 1968

so i have a 68 520,
it starts right up like its been waiting for a couple years for someone to turn its ignition lol:$
but no other electrical works. i checked all four fuses ( lmao) and they're all good i replaced them a while back. but for some reason bothing works. no headlights/ taillights cab light or signal. non of it works except when i wanna fire it up!

could anyone give me an idea of where to start or look or anything

im sorry im not much of a mechanic but im trying to learn with this truck so any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

qpe
Car: 1964 Datsun320Pickup
1965Datsun510pickup

Hi I am only new to this site and Datsuns but I would start by checking that you have adequate earth and power supply to the fuse plate , have you painted the area recently? Try tracking back then looking for the same is supply arriving and leaving the voltage regulator is the earth sufficient have you disturbed anything in this area? You say you swapped out all the fuses..why/ it is unusual for them to all blow at once have you checked them out. If they did all blow there is possibly a short somewhere or the regulator is stuffed. Is your ignition switch loose? Check your manual for a diagram indicating the number of wires leaving the back of your ignition switch( believe it is 3) are they all tight and undamaged. Hope this of some help
Regards
QPE

sawyer24

Thanks for you help I'll do those things

sawyer24

turned out to be just very dirty connections at the fuse box and the wrong fuse in one of the four lol ( you'd think i woulda figured it out quicker since theres a total of four fricken fuses!!)

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”