electrical problems

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
explod3

i accidentally left my headlights on, so my friend tried to help me jumpstart my car. unfortunately the moron put the positive and negative backwards, so now my entire wiring harness is fried. I checked the wires for conductivity and all the main wires under the dash and running next to the doorsill under the carpet are fried. my ignition wires are fried so my car wont start. what should I do? where can i obtain complete wiring harnesses for my whole car? *sighhhhhhh*:( my poor baby is dead.. and i have no $$

Silvia007
Car: 93 240sx SE Fastback

Damn that's sad... wiring for the whole car is not going to be cheap... I suggest finding a junkyard and spend the day there ripping out wires.... If there is another solution, I'd think someone will post.

180crafter
Car: Nissan 240sx

well...maybe i can help:

im in the process of doing a SR swap (see "Harness Help") and i wanted to make sure i kept things as neat as possible. I ended up removing the complete main engine harness. Now i dont know if Im going to need parts of it, but if i dont, ill be more than happy to sell it to you. I also have a stock ECU.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”