Electrical or Fuel Start Up Issue

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
mdgeist
Car: 96 s14 w/ sr20det red top

I'm having start up issues with my redtop SR20det. The engine will turn over and run on the first turn of the key.
After cutting it off and cranking it again, the engine doesn't want to turn over. You have to wait about 3 hours to crank it again and it'll turn on the first turn.
Even jump starting it won't even help the engine turn.

MODS to Fuel and Electrical:
-255 walbro fuel pump
-z32 fuel filter
-Nismo FPR Type-A
-stock injectors & fuel rail
-NGK spark plugs
-Westco Mini Battery 12v

I've checked the grounds, fuel lines, and charged the battery. Fuel is coming through and I can hear the fuel pump work when turning the key onto accessories. The battery charger reads off around 12.1-13 volts every time I charge the battery. I know it is either a fuel or electrical problem, but I can't narrow it down.

compactfean
Car: 89 240sx s13 sr gt3071r 23psi
B14 sentra ser sr20de-t 7psi
daily

Start by checking your codes. id say start with the coolant temp sensor for the ecu.

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

It sounds like your motor is flooding. Check your oil; I'll bet it smells like gas.
What's your fuel pressure set at on the FPR? Do you have a wideband? If you're wanting to just start replacing things, do what compacfean said and start with the CTS since the CTS has been known to cause over-rich issues.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”