Electrical issues

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
cole240sx
Car: 95 240sx sr20det
2005 350z

Hey guys so recently i was having some problems where my car would turn off for a split second, almost like it was shorting out on me as the engine was having no issues at all. I think I might have just found my problem.. Does anybody know what this part is? or what it does exactly? I disconnected my battery and I heard a spark and looks like it fried it's self completely. One end goes back into the firewall and the other goes to some fuses. It did have a cover on it, i believe it fell off at some point and that's when my problems started. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Also it's located beside the intake manifold just a little lower. Thanks!!!

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

It's a fuse block made by Stinger. It's not factory. I'm guessing by your question that you're not the one who installed that. It's supposed to have a blade style fuse secured by screws, but whatever cheap a** mofo decided to put a wire jumper in there instead.

https://stingerelectronics.com/

cole240sx
2005 350z

Okay well that definitely helps me replace the part, cause it's shot so thank you!! I figured it had to be something along those lines, I just wasn't sure what i was looking at. The engine swap was done 7 years ago so it's hard to say who would have just did a cheap replacement of the wire instead of the whole thing. I have my mechanic coming by tonight to have a look to see if it affected anything else, the car was turned off when the block fried itself so hoping it's the only part broken, but I'm a little hesitant to try and start it as I don't wanna damage anything. But theoretically if I replace the blown block I should be good to go then?

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

What the hell is it powering?

cole240sx
2005 350z

I'm not sure what its powering, all the shops I've talked to in my town figure it's for audio, I'm hoping my mechanic can figure that out later tonight for me!

wa-chiss
Car: 1990 Nissan S13 H/C KA24E
2005 Toyota Sequoia
1976 Honda CB750F Super Sport

It's main purpose in life was supposed to be audio related, which is why the shops figured audio. Specifically for the amplifier power wire. Someone probably instead used it for engine power I bet as a cheaper alternative. Gotta watch the shade tree mechanics. Albeit, most of us 240 owners kinda are anyway.

cole240sx
2005 350z

Yeah it ended up being used for power to the battery; as it's been relocate to the back, but putting it in the engine bay was not so great of idea lol. I ended up buying a new fuse block with an actual ANl fuse and relocating it to the back alongside the battery. Had it back up and running last night and it seems to be back to normal! Thanks for the input guys definitely helped me locate the parts I needed in time for our big car meet weekend in my town!!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”