Electrical Issues

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
GeeeeThirtyFive
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Hello All,

I tried searching the forums for this issue and I am not sure if I am simply looking for the incorrect key words or perhaps its a whole other issue.

First off this all seemed to have started when I had to jump the battery about a month ago. I originally thought the issue was the battery but I had that replaced on saturday. Anyways.

I have 2003 infiniti G35 Coupe. Love the car. However just recently the car is having some electrical issues that when I first start the car and for the first 15mins or so of driving the interior lights will turn on and off, the door locks will lock and unlock sporadically at times (like 20 times a min to maybe once every minute). I am not sure what it going on, Thought maybe the battery was the issue, it was old and not too strong so I got a new one. Still have the same issue with a brand new one. The odd part is after this 10-15min warm up phase and for the rest of the day the car acts perfect. If the trip is short then it will do the random sporadic lock and light on and off for a minute or 2.

Also! I am not sure if it happens while driving but I noticed that the damn trunk will be unlatched at random times usually I notice it after I had parked it and was getting ready to leave for work or leave from work.

Also! the airbag light keeps flashing intermittently. never used to do that.

Could it be Alternator? at this point I am thinking it is a short somewhere but you would think that issue would be a constant regardless of whether the car has been driven or not.

I appreciate the responses and the help

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Not sure without putting it on a scanner. I would recommend you take it to a certified mechanic to have a look. Feel free to use FSMs (link in my sig) to help diagnose after getting codes.

GeeeeThirtyFive
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Okay cool, Thank you for the response! Was kinda hoping it would have been a simple common fix but perhaps there is more going on than I know.

I appreciate your input!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Could be alternator if for some reason it's only charging the battery at a barely-running level but I would think you'd notice that. Sounds more like an electrical connection problem.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Have you checked the battery ground cable/connection for corrosion and a tight connection?

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”