Electrical - Dead Battery

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
tmerrick

I have been having electrical problems for awhile now and I was hoping it would get figured out / fixed when I put my SR in, but im still having problems. If I dont drive my car for 3-4 days I go out to start it and the battery is dead. I just got a new battery for it less than a month ago. The other day I went out and jumped it, drove it around for about half hour or so and then came home. The next day < 24hrs later I go out and the interior lights are dim and of course it wont turn over.

I was just wondering if you guys had any idea what could be draining my battery. I dont have any aftermarket stereo stuff hooked up. I have a S-AFC and 2 gauges. Other than that all I can think of is my alarm.

Any Ideas??

Zinki2Koki
Car: cars

You should get a diagnostic ran on the engine (autozone), if you do not have access to diagnostic services you should get your alternator replaced, if the alternator doesn't need to be replaced then you should make sure your alternator doesn't have any shorts in the wire connected to it. Make sure your engine is properly grounded. Make sure that when you turn your car off that there is nothing on but the alarm. To test the alarm, unplug the alarm and let it sit for a day or two to check if the alarm is draining power. You might just need a new alternator in my opinion. :peace

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

i have the same problem...

pancito
Car: CARS!!!

like ^ he said, it most likely your alternator, it could be a short somewhere that is draining your battery.

i don't know if you still can do this (becuase all the electronics and ****) but turn the car on, let it idle, and desconnect the battery, if it dies your alternator is bad, if it stays on, your alternator is doing his job of producing power.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”