Eibach Install How-To (Warning: Long Post with Pic's)

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
kuhan
Car: 2008 350Z Enthusiast 6-speed

OHHH SH*TTTTT......

It took us about 6 hours, but we got it done.....

We didn't use the impact gun or wrench of any sort! We did the whole thing with what we got! Asian Style

Changing the front springs were the PAIN IN THE A**. The rear springs were very easy to change out.

OUTCOME: I'm very satisfied with the performance and comfort!!!!!

Long day but worth it!!!! Will post some pictures once I get the rims back on (next week).

Jose3.5
Car: 2007 Altima 3.5 SE

windhaven wrote:All,

Modified by windhaven at 9:30 AM 3/11/2008
Is that the way its supposed to be installed in the car with the coils that are closer together at the bottom because I think I put them up.

alphapig
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S

^ I believe the Eibach instructions said that the Eibach logo on the springs should be readable... That is, not upside down.

I'm not sure what that corresponds to though.

mhm1170
Car: 20008 Altima coupe

The picture is correct...........those are the rear springs, sounds like you installed them upside down.

jackov

how's the car handle after lower with pro-kit spring? Did we lost the comfort after lowered?

Jose3.5
Car: 2007 Altima 3.5 SE

mhm1170 wrote:The picture is correct...........those are the rear springs, sounds like you installed them upside down.
I went back to check it out and I installed them correctly

sexybeasty
Car: 2008 Altima 2.5SL

great write up man! One big question/problem ...I did my springs this weekend (a job I've done many times on previous cars), and the strut master bolt is giving me problems. How did you tighten yours down on the re-install? On other cars I've done, the top of the strut right below the threads has a square end that is meant to seat in the top piece, but on these struts it's completely round. When I installed the master bolt with the strut assembly outside the vehicle, it spun the strut shaft and I was not able to tighten it. This would happen after a couple turns once the nylon locking inserts in the nut would grab. I got it on as far as I could thinking that once I put the strut back in the car, the weight of the car or something would hold it in place and enable me to torque it down. Not so. my struts bang like hell b/c the master bolts cant be tightened down any more. BTW- they are not cross threaded.

I was thinking to just cut out the nylon locking inserts, which should eliminate my binding issue, but the same issue will play out once the nut is fully threaded on and needs to be torqued down; it will spin the shaft. Did this happen for you? Anyone else have a similar problem? I've never seen a strut that doesn't have a flat or square area on the shaft.

Loop
Car: only nissan cars

I used my impact gun to tighten the strut master bolt before putting struts back onto the car.

sexybeasty
Car: 2008 Altima 2.5SL

Yeah, I had all the tools but an impact gun! I just realized that the top of the threads have an allen hole, so I just put an allen key in it (I think it was 6 mm) and torqued the bolt down with an open ended 18mm wrench. It was filled with grease from the factory so that's why I missed it.

Took it for a test drive and everything works perfectly. The difference in ride quality and overall behavior is unbelievable. I have 245/35/19's and the ride quality is not harsh at all. It's def firmer than stock, but not by much. Can't wait for them to settle in.

Loop
Car: only nissan cars

Good to hear!

majishan
Car: Nissan Altima 2008 3.5SE Precision Grey

hey guys.. i was just wondering.. me and my boys just installed the pro kit and everything went fine.. (well i think so).. there's a clicking noise on my passenger front side.. is this normal? and yeah.. the front one's are PITA!!

NissanAltimaGuy
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

I just got mine on. I had the same clunking and had to use a 6mm allen wrench/18mm through socket to tighten the master strut bolt.

Thanks to all in this thread. Very helpful.

rich2342
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Getting this done this weekend on mine. Im nervous based on the shops i called don't even have all data for the rears. Im getting high qoutes of 450+

Is that normal. Does anything in the seat need to be removed for the rear installation?

windhaven
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE-CVT (Winter Frost/Blond) Full Load

Rich,

$450 is a rip off. As for rear seat work, none needed, all the effort is on the lower A-Arm of the rear suspension.

Two cents,-- Wind

rich2342

Thanks Wind. You are very helpful.

The shop installing (meineke said these will void the factory warranty? It that true? I didnt think it would be a problem?

NissanAltimaGuy

Rears are easy as hell to do and nothing in the seat has to be moved/removed.

I'm pretty sure this will void your strut warranty.

rich2342

They said they would need to replace the endlinks also.. Im like not just reinstall them.

Off topic, but do you have the tanabe exaust on your car? Do you have any sound clips by chance? Im exploring options at the moment

NissanAltimaGuy

You don't need to replace the end links.

Tanabe:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3125448/3

Bottom of the page is a video with sound.

rich2342

sounds pretty mellow.. Can you hear it in the cabin cruising or acceleration?

NissanAltimaGuy

Yes, but it's not going to be a louder exhaust such as the Ti-C. I had the Stillen as well, and if memory serves, Stillen was louder.

Under wot, you can definately hear it.

*edit* shoot me an email if you'd like an in cabin vid or something (however the Fujita drowns it out.) I'm sure Windhaven doesn't appreciate me talking exhausts in his well documented Eibach thread. email is in my profile.
Modified by NissanAltimaGuy at 10:55 AM 4/21/2009

rich2342

Im looking to get crazy like a full cat back. I had a nismo on my 3rd gen altima which was too loud.

I just want it to sound aggressive enough to sound good at most rpms.

Do you have a drive away vid? (last question)

edit: My apologies for O.T.

jaehyun01
Car: 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5

Great tutorial! i should be ordering mine soon!

pickup1
Car: 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 SE

were these the pro kit or sportlines?

teqniek
Car: 2.5s coupe w/CVT

awsome! just what i needed! going to install mine this week end.. i have a question though.. does it give u a horrible bounce? or even a bounce at all? to were you have to slow down from 40 - 15 mph if there is a lil bump on the road? no im not going to be doing 40+ over speed bumps or pot holes.. just curious..

fyrcomm
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S CVT
2014 BMW 435i M Sport

just spent the past 4 or so hours installing the front springs... the hardest part was definitely compressing the new springs with a ratchet (i probably should've taken the recommendation and rented an impact wrench). but still, the satisfaction of doing the install myself is well worth it!

btw, i had the same problem with the master strut bolt, but it was my own fault since i didn't tighten it all the way before i attached it back to the frame. it's too dark right now (i live in an apartment complex with NO street lighting), plus i'm too tired, so i'll try tightening it with the allen wrench in the morning.

Purichan
Car: '06 Altima SE-R

Hey, just wanted to shoot out a big thanks for the write up! I've got an '06 Altima SE-R and got the front springs on today. My friend did most of the work and it took three hours with neither of us having done springs before. It was a good experience and I'm sure I could get stocks back on in under an hour and a half. Btw, we didn't have anything other than a jack, ratchets, and wrenches so don't be too intimidated if that's all you've got. At 5 years old and 63k miles nothing was too locked-in that required power tools/air compression although it would have been nice. I'm doing the rears next week when it's not 30 degrees out. All in all, it was definitely work the elbow grease as opposed to $250 for installation and alignment.

SR86
Car: Nissan

Thanks for the writeup. I'm planning on doing this to my cousin's car. I'm just worried about doing the rears. I'm so used to doing suspension on 240s haha.

osidecam
Car: 2011 altima coupe 2.5

majishan wrote:hey guys.. i was just wondering.. me and my boys just installed the pro kit and everything went fine.. (well i think so).. there's a clicking noise on my passenger front side.. is this normal? and yeah.. the front one's are PITA!!
did you ever fix this problem? I just installed mine and I am having a hard time figuring out what i need to do to get rid of that clunking noise

BRicci

question resolved..

Return to “Altima General Discussions”