EGR Pipe Line going to Exhaust Manifold / Header

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
jsando2
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Hatchback
2009 Nissan Murano SL

I have a leak coming from my EGR system towards my exhaust Header. It cracked in within the welding area (it was about time my header is old as heck). Anyway I got myself a new header from DC Sports, pretty nice. My question is, if there's a leak in the EGR Line Pipe I know I will loose power because the EGR Valve will stay open, but the real question is will that cause the gasoline to get mixed up with the motor oil inside the engine coming all the way out the muffler. Yeah for realz? Any idea? Could it be that EGR? :( Humm.
:wtf2: :wtf2: :wtf2:
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

Cloren10
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX

It shouldnt. EGR should just be the exhaust emissions coming back around into your intake again. If you're seeing a lot of excess carbon buildup fast on your EGR, you're cooking oil, and a lot of it. The #1 cause for something like that is you've got worn piston rings letting motor oil get by into the combustion chamber, and then burning up, and spitting out the other end. It usually comes out as blue smoke, but if you've got straight up oil shooting out of your muffler that means you're probably having to add a quart or two every 50 miles you plug this thing along. At that point I'd say you might have a cracked cylinder head or block altogether and oil is rapidly getting out of a channel.

jsando2
2009 Nissan Murano SL

I hope not. The gas was because of leak injectors I and gas had to move in by any means since is so thin I’m hoping that there’s no damage since the car was done until I started messing around with the fuel injectors. Anyway I will see the damage for sure if there’s any once I hook up the egr line and start the engine. Is going to be sad if I loose they engine it’s been so strong if so then it will be to go SRB20 Wish me luck!

jsando2
2009 Nissan Murano SL

I got my spacers today for the fuel injectors rail but is not the right ones arrggg frustrating

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”