Egr code leads to other problems

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
BrinkGC
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

My car is a 95 Nissan 240sx Auto 160,XXX miles odo. Here is my story, I have CEL code 32 for egr so then changed both my Egr valve and Egrc bpt valve, yet I still have CEl. I did research in the forum for my problem, which stated I should check the egr vacuum solenoid and inspect for cracked vacuum lines.

Took me along time to find out the vacuum solenoid and other various parts aren't there, until I took this picture. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Now I noticed that this vacuum line was cracked and replaced it(I think it is for the fuel pressure regulator).

Replacing the vacuum line now created new problems; CEL code 12(MAF Sensor), code 33(O2 sensor), and a fair amount of blue exhaust smoke. Before hand I only had code 32. So I reset the ecu so I can see if the CEL codes comeback for MAF and O2. But my question is, is the blue smoke from burning oil or is there something else causing that problem? In again what should do about the egr vacuum solenoid and other the missing egr parts?

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”