ECU Tune

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
WORKS89
Car: EVO VIII GSR, 07' Versa 6spd, AND 92' Z32

I was just wondering if it was possable to tune the versa ecu. Is there any universal tune programs that can be used to custom tune? Want to remove rev limiter and add a little power

lain
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

I wouldn't see why you couldn't tune a Versa...it is in fact a car.

fastlyfe

not a program out that you can connect from your laptop or something. but the race team in the china circuit tuned theres. so its possible. I would call your loacal street tuner shop

Johniboi
Car: Versa

Ifyou do go to a local tunning shop and find anything out...let us know and give us a little info

scar
Car: '08 Versa SL 6spd

bigdog
Car: 2007 versa s 2007 xterra 1982 dodge truck

Voids warrenty doesn't it? so why do that?

shiryu0
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa

are our ECU's reflashable? on my Lincoln i got Special Forces from Sniper Tuning, they are working on one for the 350Z/Titan (its on their message board...), wonder if all Nissan's use the same ECU program. Itll be awesome if we could do it, it would really wake up the auto in our Versa

WORKS89

Interesting, wish i could read japanese

I'm getting my Evo retuned at WORKS and my buddy is going down there with me and they said they could dyno tune his car is we provide the proper program to tune it. But we cant find one!

Trust_Tiida
Car: Tiida 2006 1.6L JDM

Works89 there is a safe way to tune the Versa ECU.Use Apexi AFCneo I will provide the installation and wiring plus the setting.

#1Tango

dm2n1
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

j3versa6m
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S Hatchback 6M

I am not 100% sure this works with the versa but you can run logs and other things with this. You can temporarly tune the ecu, but when the program stops or the cable is disconnected, it resets to stock. Again I am not sure this works but it works with a lot of other obd2 nissans.

http://www.blazt.biz/products/obdii.php

http://202.43.230.118/

I have seen it on other nissans and it works really well. This would be great to have on the versa and I hope it works but never tried it. All you need is the cable and the software.

NATZZ2J
Car: TURBO NISSAN VERSA AND TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

HI I'M NEW TO THE FORUM. BUT ANY WAY I WILL LIKE TO READ MORE ABOUT THIS CUZ I GOT SAFC NEO SITTING IN MY GARAGE. DO U HAVE THE INSTALL FOR 08 VERSA

totallypatrick
Car: Nissan Tiida

I've done ECU reflash to my ride. Mine's a HRDE15 engine. Its has got more aggressive timing so low end improve and the rubberband effect is gone when you step on the accerlerator. This is done here in Spore so I do not know whether there's any workshop that does over at your side.

http://www.justcomz.com/applic...=1033

tiida_14
Car: tiida hatch 2008

i wan it too as i have 2008 1.6 nissan tiida and it stop acceleration after 180 km/hcan any one help me to tell me how can i do ecu to make it go over 180 km/h

totallypatrick
Car: Nissan Tiida

Use Apexi RSM. It has got a speed cut function.

mightyversa
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa 1.8S Hatchback

The prices I can gather are from $2000 CDN to $3500 CDN. Yes for the MR18DE. I should contact them. It even says with Injectors!! Doing more research brings me to this page.

http://translate.google.com/tr...tate0=

Man, I am definitely gonna get in contact with someone. Maybe this item mated with some other performance parts will get the MR18DE up to Renault Clio's 190 HP? Even has a compressor kit (SUPERCHARGER!!!)

NewToVersa

Too much $$$ It's MSRP is 2093.24 $cnd. At 750$ i would buy it...

mightyversa
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa 1.8S Hatchback

Fack the price. You get what you pay for and seeing this is from the company who is idolized by a hell of alot of people and the name they have is superb, I think it will be worth it. I am in contact with them, waiting for a reply regarding Dyno charts and better prices.

Red Devil
Car: 1990 240SX w/t SR20 and 08 Nissan Versa SL

mightyversa wrote:Fack the price. You get what you pay for and seeing this is from the company who is idolized by a hell of alot of people and the name they have is superb, I think it will be worth it. I am in contact with them, waiting for a reply regarding Dyno charts and better prices.
Sorry, but it's not worth it until your warranty expires.

Urq
Car: 82 Ur Quattro & 07 Black Versa SL CVT.

This info is very interesting but I was told at one time that if you changed out the computer on the Versa you would loose all function of your speed o cluster with the new computer in place.Something about the BCM and the cluster are matched for millage or ESN and not allowing the cluster to work??? But I am sure that can be programed too????

shiryu0
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa

well its that expensive because ure getting a whole new ECU, Sniper and SCT just sell stuff to flash your stock ECU.......im guessing the ECU in the Versa is not reflashable?

it should be though , im pretty sure the dealer should have a flashing device for them, for recalls/tsb's............

manvan
Car: versa hatch

what sad is that in a year from now my warranty will prob be void due to milage so all these things dont seem to bad.... except the price, 2k is a bit to much for me

WORKS89

Good news from UPREV! I emailed them earliar this week about our lack of tuning problem.

Quote »On Mar 5, 2009, at 12:48 PM, [email protected] wrote:

> I was wonder if you guys are planning on making a program for the Nissan Versa. There is currently no ECU tuning market out there and the Versa community is starving for it. Thanks for your time.> > Drew

Drew,

We have the ability to support the Versa through any of our Pro Tuners. There will be obviously a short period that we'll need to build our software around the Versa ECU, and support for all models and years of the Versa will take time. We do however have that ability. If there are Versa owners in the Austin TX or local area, they can come by our shop for more information and for us to start downloading the ROM files for their vehicles.

Rich-

[/quote]

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

sounds good! this would really help get the most out of my bolt ons... hope this works out...

WORKS89

is there any versa's in austin, TX willing to stop by so they can download the versa's ecu rom?

WORKS89

This guy is willing to go all out for us. All we need is 2 Versa's in TX.

Quote »Drew,

Basically we'd need to get some ROM files. We'd also like to get some time spent with one or two of the cars. Obviously this only works if they are local. After getting a ROM, we need to patch it, and with our current queue that may be up to 4 weeks. Once it's patched we'd need to do some testing with a car or two to make sure we have the ECU mapped out correctly. Once we can verify that and fix any issues that come up we can start dyno tuning the cars.

That in and of itself is a huge deal because that means all of our Pro Tuners nationwide can also start dyno tuning them. Once we have enough dyno tunes to make a solid tune library we can then start offering the Osiris Standard systems to customers that are not local to one of our Pro Tuners.

I'd also like to point out that we would also be able to tune forced induction Versa's if there are any customers that have gone that route yet.

Rich-[/quote]

Red Devil
Car: 1990 240SX w/t SR20 and 08 Nissan Versa SL

WORKS89 wrote:This guy is willing to go all out for us. All we need is 2 Versa's in TX.
I can understand tuning for mpg but the MR18 isn't a performance engine by any means.

WORKS89

Thats the beauty of tuning. You can have it setup for what you want, weather you want better mpg or more power.

#1Tango

someone in texas has to jump on this, this would unleash amazing things for the whole versa community. someone in texas please let them take your car for a short while

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”