ECU to use with my sr20ve swapped SE?:

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
iHATCHBACK
Car: B13

I have a non 91-94 SE-R chassis ga16de sentra.it is manual and I have a SE-R parts car [salvaged title].I am first converting the car to use the sr20de for awhile.When I start to swap in the sr20ve what ECU do I use?.

and can't I use the sr20de distributor if I modify the tab to clear?.

and what all wiring is needed to convert from sr20de to VE ?

thanks for the help.I've searched and all my questions have been answered but these.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

zer...20det

Yellow4g63's post should shed some light on this for you.

DE ECU + help for the VVL and a piggyback for fine tuning works. Some wire lengthening may be required.

Not sure about the distributor.

iHATCHBACK

How do i go about chipping the ecu to use a sr20ve map etc..?

also can i use a different ecu such as a altima or 240sx ecu and chip it ?

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

The US SR20DE ECU can be tuned by JWT to work, I believe. Also look into a Calum daughterboard (Google it, they're not a retail deal, some guy makes them).

ECU's from other vehicles definitely won't work.

iHATCHBACK

Yea I was just reading some other threads on other forums about s13 ecu's and or altima ecu's ? ..But yea I've read a write-up on installation of a daughterboard on the sr20de ecu so we plan to do this and he mentions a program to use other maps etc..So we can hopefully do this.

thanks for your help.

Yellow4g63
Car: 95 RB20 240, 91 NX2000 VE power, 95 Stock 240sx

iHATCHBACK wrote:I have a non 91-94 SE-R chassis ga16de sentra.it is manual and I have a SE-R parts car [salvaged title].I am first converting the car to use the sr20de for awhile.When I start to swap in the sr20ve what ECU do I use?.

and can't I use the sr20de distributor if I modify the tab to clear?.

and what all wiring is needed to convert from sr20de to VE ?

thanks for the help.I've searched and all my questions have been answered but these.
I dont think u have to change the harness to run the SR20DE ecu. I'm not 100% on that because I haven't looked it up in years. You cut a tab off the SR20DE dizzy and it will fit on the VE head. For the VE swap use the SR20DE ecu and just get a realtime daughter board from Calum or a Nistune board. If you feel like doing even more wiring and pulling your hear out you can try and find the VE harness and ECU. Then you have to get a daughter board for that ECU too or the VVL will kick in at like 6800 and rev limit at 7200. Just keep it simple with the sr20de ecu and install a daughter board and a MSD swtich or Greddy MSS to pop the VVL.

S14Juggalo
Car: 95 240sx (S14)

iHATCHBACK wrote: ..But yea I've read a write-up on installation of a daughterboard on the sr20de ecu so we plan to do this and he mentions a program to use other maps etc..So we can hopefully do this.
Where did you find this write up good sir!?!

ttandhondas
Car: 91 nissan sentra

i'm about to do the same thing. I got a 91 sentra with the sr20de motor. Will i need a jumper harness for obd2 to obd1? will my transmission fit as well and what harness do i need to have? will my DE harness work for the VE???? thanks

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”