ECU/ TCU questions

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Dutch

I have done a search and found nothing specific...93 coupe auto: - where is the tranny control unit? - if i have a bad sensor would it still not cause the engine light to come on?

THe auto sometimes on cool mornings will be in drive yet the trans will be stuck in 2nd gear until I turn off the key, restart and it's is fine after. Anyone hear of this before?

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Your TPS(throttle position sensor) will more than likely control your shifting for an automatic. Being stuck in gear sounds like a whole different monkey to me. Bad TPS signs are driving at a constant speed and the car will surge back and forth although you haven't accelerated or decelerated.

97nismo
Car: tunning

I had the same problem with my old 1.6 sentra. The dealership replaced the sensors and that fixed it for a few months. Then it started back and they ended up replacing the whole tranny. All of this happen with less then 60K miles on the car because everything was under warrenty still.

Dutch

That is strange... I checked and cleaned all the sensor couplings and still happened then it seems to be fine now for a week. I did find a connector under the drivers seat that was disconnected so i reconnected it too. I do not know what this goes to but i'm sure it's meant to be connected. All seems ok for now and i have never felt the rpms surge so I will hpe for the best/ Anyone know what that circuit under the seat is for?

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Dutch wrote:That is strange... I checked and cleaned all the sensor couplings and still happened then it seems to be fine now for a week. I did find a connector under the drivers seat that was disconnected so i reconnected it too. I do not know what this goes to but i'm sure it's meant to be connected. All seems ok for now and i have never felt the rpms surge so I will hpe for the best/ Anyone know what that circuit under the seat is for?
It's your seatbelt light.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”