ECU/Chip J-spec vs. Euro

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
chezina

I just wanna know if u can run a chip that's programmed for a J-spec ECU in an Euro spec ECU (cause the euro model doesn't have the variable intake runners and they are controlled by the ECU/chip also)? Is anyone running a Euro model with a J-spec chip?

JDM_1990_S13

the secondary intake runners are not controlled by the ecu they are controlled by intake manifold vaccum, it will maybe jsut run a little rich, but all chips do anyway... shouldn't be a problem..

paul_s13

Just disconnect the vacuum/boost pipe to the secondary throttle valve actuator, this will keep them open all the time, that will make it more like the euro spec head for flow.

chezina

Thanx for the info!JDM_1990_S13 u are right it's not controlled by the ECU, i wasn't shure cause i found out the j-spec ECU uses pin8 for the secondary intake runner but it's not for controlling it's for feedback from the intake runner to recalculate the A/F ratio.

JDM_1990_S13

no problemo meng... what chip are you going to use?? i suggest a Jez Horsham Chip i have only heard the best from users and it is less than half the cost of a JWT chip.

http://bagpuss.swan.ac.uk/horsham-developments/

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

I thought it was vacume controled by the computer via an electronicly controlled switch.

Regardless I got rid of mine, I really don't know if there was an improvement or not, but it just makes me feel better knowing my ports are smooth now :)

Mine didn't come with the controller so I just ran it off a straight vacume source and it worked fine.

PaulOrlando, FL

chezina

Yep, it will be a chip from Horsham Dev.!The best choice in my opinion if u are looking for an ECU upgrade, unless u can grab something(that suits your needs) really cheap.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”