"Econ" mode?? and other interior questions

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
fontana dan
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45

Hello. Does anyone use the Econ setting on their HVAC controls? The service manual says if you press the Econ button once, it will run the compressor "as needed", if you press it a second time it will turn the compressor off. Mine doesn't seem to run the compressor at all when I click Econ mode, even if it is 100F in the cabin.

Also, the center rear view mirror is loose in its socket on my 1997, so if i hit a bump it comes out of adjustment. Anyone dealt with this?

Thirdly, one hinge is broken on the glovebox. Fixable?

98_Q45

I never known the Econ to turn the a/c on as needed…unless you click defrost which turns on the compressor, and then click it again which turns the display back to Econ mode. Auto is for steady a/c, but Econ will also “automatically” adjust the fan speed and level. Heat is usually directed to floor first, a/c to face. Somewhere in between (72-75) is usually face and floor. Of course it depends how hot or cold it is outside.

I always find it unnecessary to turn the (properly charged) a/c to 65 in hot weather. It can usually get pretty cold being on 70.

As for the mirror: I had the exact same issue. I took it down and tried to disassemble and reach the socket: it does not. At least not that I could see to pry into. Ended up just finding a better functioning one from salvage. However, you can temporarily cram some rolled up electrical tape in there, until and if you want to find a different one.

Also be mindful of the screw in light bulbs in the climate control unit. They can be quite fragile. I must of went thru 2-3 units before deciding to just pull bulbs from salvage versus trying to order assemblies from eBay that usually get tossed around.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”