Ecm reflashed

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Btucci210
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest SL

I recently had an issue with my manufacturer control module(ECM) mine was corroded and had created a little hole.. but did not notice till a check engine light came on saying it was my manufacturer control module and then my speed sensor popped up along with the a light for my fuel gauge. So that all speed working. So I bought a ECM and sent it to the dealer to be reflashed. But when I got it back my sensors still don't work but the check engine lights aren't on for this sensors... does any body have a clue as to why they aren't working now with a new ECM

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The type of ECM used on your ride has a circuit board completely coated in a thick layer of high-temperature silicone. I've seen them keep operating with very extensive corrosion and some fairly large holes in the housings. So you may have been barking up the wrong tree thinking the hole was responsible for your lit MIL. Helping you with diagnosis will be a lot easier if you post the exact codes you're getting and not just descriptions.

schuylkill
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest SE

I'm curious how this will go. You should post your specific codes so that VStar can give you his insight into what your probable problem is and you can proceed from there. You will get professional support, trouble free.

Return to “Quest Forum”