Ebay kit, need opinions

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Spec-R

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...19192

Im planning to Turbo the KA, i only have 53,000 miles on my 97. so0, ive been starting to look on the forums and gathering info. This kit looks pretty good, but im still new to the turbo KA world. so i need your help, like matercylinder clearnece, and efficience. i plan to run on stock internals for about 6 months, till i can save up for some low comp. ones. anyways, any advice will be good. thanks.

Structure240sx

hard to tell since i havent hear of anyone running this kit. i checked it out the other day too. the turbo sits tangentially so it kinda depends on the manifold. good job doing some research there. its a great price tho. i would rather buy a kit that has been out there with success. a turbo is not something you go cheap on

:: orion ::
Car: '96 240SX, with KA-T @ 12psi...

There's a thread on Freshalloy about this particular kit...

And I pointed out that the fuel rail in the closeup pic IS NOT the one pictured in the group picture...that seems shady.

- - - - -

You get what you pay for, you get what you pay for, you get...

- Brian

ShifDown96240SE
Car: Drifting, racing, Reptiles,partying

That kit actually looks pretty good, just find out what kind of warranty there is, and what all the pipes are made out of. i mean everything is brand new, from garret, to MSD, to the walboro etc...and as long as everything clears your master cyl etc...but ive been doing ALOT of turbo research, and as long as there is some start up guarantee, id buy it. now i just need to do more engine research, thanks again orion( for the last few days of crap you helped me with)

reds14
Car: working on my car

I also was looking at that kit. You can get it from there website for $2899. And for $3899(stage 3) you get all of that plus Wiseco or Ross pistons,Pauter or Eagle rods,and a nismo fpr. I am probably going to go with the stage 3 because I would feel safer with the new internals. Here is a link to there website if you dont already have it. http://www.hotimportperformance.com

gabossie
Car: Your mom

if it's a good kit, the upgrade to stage 3 is a hell of a deal. To get the rods, pistons, and FPR for 1k more is pretty damn cheap.

gabossie
Car: Your mom

:: orion :: wrote:There's a thread on Freshalloy about this particular kit...

Could you link us to that thread?

ziggy682
Car: 1991 240SX Turbo

Is it my imagination, or will that downpipe not work on a KA. Maybe that is the downpipe for the Altima. Also, there is no blow off flange on any of the intercooler piping.

pilmpd
Car: 1991 white 240sx hatch w/ rb20det and 1990 240sx hatch w/ka24de swap the "TERD"

Hello all,The kit does look pretty nice, but i dont know that much about it. However I do know that the guy selling these is a nice guy and seems to sell these kits with good success. The reason I know this is that he buys his fuel rails from me and we have talked. Also it turns out that this guy lives about 20 minutes from me and my shop. I planed on meeting up with him sometime soon to take a look at what he sells. I will try to keep you all posted as to what I find out about his stuff. Other then that it looks like a damn good deal.

reds14
Car: working on my car

I can second that he is a nice guy. I have been talking to him alot for the last few days and he has been very nice. I have talked to a few of his customers and they have had no problems with these kits. A few of them said the worst part of the kit was the installation. One of them has had the kit on for 10k miles and zero problems. I am deffinately going to buy the stage 3 from him.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

IMO it looks good. Alot of bussinesses to include HKS, Greddy and Apexi use generic pics on the website to show turbo kits etc. For what you get its a really good deal. I'm sorry to say as good or better then the kit I'm working on. The Stg3 kit also seems to be a good deal.

WD

doh240sx

looks good, looks cheap,but also looks questionable,

we need real customer feedbacks, real people that everyone knows, trusts, real pictures...

c'mon, someone be a guinea pig :D

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I looked at the manifold already, as far as I can tell its an SSAutochrome, which isn't bad. I have talked with quite a few companies that now sell SS products. I had two different manifolds delivered to my house, both of which were for the KA and both looked like a really good manifold for the money. Each runner was ported clean and the tig welds have full penetration and are all clean. The WG port is in a very good spot and is also ported. The only thing I noted was that the flange should be cut between the runners to avoid cracking down the road. But thats the same with all manifolds. The rest of the parts are all used on a daily basis by people world wide.

I have another SS mani on the way to my house right now. I'll take a ton of pics off and on the car to include my straight TO4E and a T3/TO4E.

TurboKA37

what do you guys think of the 2" intercooling piping? seems that most other kits use 2.25"-2.5". also is there any advantage in using a tial 38mm wastegate over the 35mm?

S13ChucKAT
Car: asd

the 38 is bigger... by 3mm...

BomexS13

wow, the stage 1 is only 2400(shipped) and that already includes the FMIC.

ShifDown96240SE

i am working on buying the stage 3 for my car. Sounds realllyyy nice!

S13ChucKAT
Car: asd

dont forget, you still need to make your own intercooler/intake piping.

pilmpd
Car: 1991 white 240sx hatch w/ rb20det and 1990 240sx hatch w/ka24de swap the "TERD"

I spoke with the owner of the company the other day and he is working on getting the charge pipes pre-fabbed. He didnt say how long it was going to be but before too long you should just be able to bolt the intercooler set up right in. That would deffinitely be a plus. I will try to help keep you guys posted.

GEO
Car: 95 240sx KA-T

for $2700? just buy the greddy kit. $2515 and 55 shiipped

ShifDown96240SE

whoa, i was talking about the kit on http://www.hotimportperformance.com theres a stage 3 kit there, and it includes everything, even rods and pistons, emanage, msd 550s, top-feed fuel rail, etc... i just need a turbo timer, boost controller, and some guages, along with a competent shop, itll work out.

TurboKA37

GEO wrote:for $2700? just buy the greddy kit. $2515 and 55 shiipped

you can get alot more power out of the hotimportperformance kit considering you will be able to tune it more aggressively. the greddy kit is really nice w/ quilty parts but nothing gets to be used to its potential due to its conservative tuning.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”