Easiest way to tell if Power to Amplifier Q70

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
haleakalag

Hi again. Would appreciate hearing the easiest way to tell if the Q70 amplifier is receiving power. Per many recent posts, replacement used radio module installed yesterday, works surprisingly well (Nav, Bluetooth better than ever, touch screen, etc) EXCEPT now no sound of any type (radio, sonar,
Bluetooth, commands, USB TO IPHONE, Etc, sound was perfect except for sonar with original defective module-259153JA2B ). The amplifier fuses are ok. Was hoping for quick layman way to tell if amp is getting power. My mechanic won’t be rechecking radio for wiring, programming until next week. Thanks.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Give me the exact details for the car again and I'll look up the wiring for you tomorrow.

haleakalag

VStar650CL wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:48 pm
Give me the exact details for the car again and I'll look up the wiring for you tomorrow.
Wow. Thanks so much. It’s 2017 Q70, 259153JA2C is the AV control module, trying to tell if there is power to the amplifier (which I think is in the trunk) since there is now no sound from speakers with any function. But all non sound functions (except a few radio steering column buttons) work as good or better than ever, especially Bluetooth connection.
PS. Can I send you something on PayPal for your time. You’ve really helped me out, and if the sound comes back you’ve save me a lot. Gary

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Nah, I'm just paying it forward. Do the same when you get this figured out. I'll check in the morning if we still have power, we're having an ice storm here.

haleakalag

Thanks so much again. I wish I could send u something. Appreciate your paying it forward and really helping us out. Good luck w the weather/power. Gary

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

Did your mechanic disconnect the battery when he did the swap? If not, then he may have fried your new used radio. This car likes to fry electronics if you don't disconnect the battery.

haleakalag

Yoda's Master wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:55 pm
Did your mechanic disconnect the battery when he did the swap? If not, then he may have fried your new used radio. This car likes to fry electronics if you don't disconnect the battery.
Oh great. I’m sure he didn’t. My seat settings, etc, were unchanged. Very depressing to hear if that happened. With exception of no sound and a few steering wheel radio buttons not working, it’s like a new system with Bluetooth connection even a hair quicker. How can I diagnose a fried unit vs some wire issue + programming issue (he had to spend a fair amount of time playing w the NAV programming, and said he didn’t do any radio programming or checking). Thanks for ideas. He’ll be taking it apart again next week, was hoping to diagnose the problem somehow before then.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I'll give you info how to check the output from the H/U to determine whether the problem is there or in the amp. It's possible your guy just popped a fuse. Be patient, I'll look it up.

haleakalag

VStar650CL wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:24 pm
I'll give you info how to check the output from the H/U to determine whether the problem is there or in the amp. It's possible your guy just popped a fuse. Be patient, I'll look it up.
K thanks again

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Okay, I take back what I said in that PM, the Bose has a digital interface with the AV and it's on different pins depending on the vehicle options. So all of your issues are probably from misconfiguration, chances are your Bose and AV are each expecting signals in the wrong places.

Here are your pinouts for the Bose to check power, ground, and the "amp on" signal:

B41.png
B42.png
B43.png

haleakalag

Thanks very much for the information.

haleakalag

Wow. That looks complicated if have to do manually. Now I see why he said it took a long time to program the navigation. So he never did many of the other key settings including audio. I hope this is doable for a general mechanic. In a previous service bulletin it said to take setting info from original module before removing, which wasn’t done. Hopefully this is intuitive or can be downloaded.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

As I mentioned in one of your other posts, chances are the configuration is going to mean a dealer trip. It can be Nissan and not Infiniti, but I doubt even a high-end Solus will do it, a Consult3+ is probably the only capable tool.

haleakalag

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:28 pm
As I mentioned in one of your other posts, chances are the configuration is going to mean a dealer trip. It can be Nissan and not Infiniti, but I doubt even a high-end Solus will do it, a Consult3+ is probably the only capable tool.
f

K thanks again.

reggiebrown40
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
2011 Infiniti M56x - Dead

You listed different part numbers for the two units - 259153JA2B and 259153JA2C. I bet the 259153JA2C is not compatible with the Q70. 259153JA2C model comes up as compatible with the QX80 in most of my searches. Most seller sites will list something as "fits car A, B, C" etc., but it just means it fits inside the car with no modifications. It doesn't mean that it actually works with the car.

haleakalag

reggiebrown40 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:36 pm
You listed different part numbers for the two units - 259153JA2B and 259153JA2C. I bet the 259153JA2C is not compatible with the Q70. 259153JA2C model comes up as compatible with the QX80 in most of my searches. Most seller sites will list something as "fits car A, B, C" etc., but it just means it fits inside the car with no modifications. It doesn't mean that it actually works with the car.
Thanks for reply. I am very concerned, will find out Monday when we try to program it. I called Infiniti place and they said the JA2C was correct. This is listed as replacement for JA2B, which was the old one. There seem to be 2 main parts sites, one lists it as correct, the other doesn’t. I know nothing about these things. They have identical inputs, I’m hoping with proper programming it will correct the things that are not working. NO sound is the main issue. That’s why I was trying to determine if that was a programming issue, or another defective module. The new used module works perfectly for all functions except sound, and steering wheel source and channel down button. The Bluetooth connects perfectly, all the touchscreen and settings work as good or better than original (Bluetooth is actually better/quicker phone connection now, but again, no sound.). I will be so disappointed if it’s all due to newer model module, which will be near impossible to distinguish from one that might just have a problem.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That looks correct, the JA2C is just a supersession. Supersessions almost never work differently from the ancestor part, they're almost always 100% downward compatible. When there are (very, very rarely) differences, there's always a service file indicating what the differences are and how to address them. So if the Infiniti dealer told you it's the right number for your VIN and didn't mention any service file, then it's right.

haleakalag

VStar650CL wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:21 pm
That looks correct, the JA2C is just a supersession. Supersessions almost never work differently from the ancestor part, they're almost always 100% downward compatible. When there are (very, very rarely) differences, there's always a service file indicating what the differences are and how to address them. So if the Infiniti dealer told you it's the right number for your VIN and didn't mention any service file, then it's right.
Great thanks. Always helpful. Y, I’m hoping it came from an SUV which has a very different setup from the Sedan. Seems like most of the Sedan models are similar and would guess a module would have worked, at least the sound unless it makes a big difference having the 10 speaker Bose vs the fancy one with more speakers (my previous 2011 M37 is indistinguishable from my 2017 Q70 in terms of touchscreen appearance,
Settings, steering wheel controls, etc.)

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”