Earth to Nissan: Body Side Moldings???

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
BubbaGoose
Car: Red Alert SL CVT

Them big old smooth sides are just beggin' for the first groinks an dings.

I am amazed there are no Body Side Moldings for the Versa.What in the Hell was Nissan thinkin'???

Spent a while walking around the Dealer's lotseein' if I could use something off another Nissan product.

Lookin' for aftermarket solutions now.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Actually, that's one of my favorite things about the Versa. I think cars look MUCH better without rubber side molding.

Of course, side molding looks better than shopping cart dings and the like.

Sahandman
Car: civic

nissan will be releasing a sport package for the versa sl which will add a spoiler, side skirts, rear and front bumper skirts and performance tires with larger wheels. (the dealership told me)

If your the kind of guy that likes side mouldings and sportyness then u should go buy a honda fit, versa is a car that looks great without all that childish junk.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I believe he's referring to the rubber strips that run along the doors to prevent damage from people throwing their doors open and hitting your car, and that kind of damage.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Fit get a more sporty treatment either. The more variations, the better.

BubbaGoose

Sahandman wrote:nissan will be releasing a sport package for the versa sl which will add a spoiler, side skirts, rear and front bumper skirts and performance tires with larger wheels. (the dealership told me)

If your the kind of guy that likes side mouldings and sportyness then u should go buy a honda fit, versa is a car that looks great without all that childish junk.
Unfortunately, I live in the real world Bud.

My vehicles are on the roadan in parkin' lots all the time.

People wang doors for fun.Stupid dumabasses in parkin' garages are too busy with their StarBlucksan cell phones to not whack doors.

As mentionedbody side moldings look way, way better than creases an dings.

As for the Honda you so politely suggestI think not.

Hey, is that shopping cart rollin' across the lot gonna hit your car???

Mudd
Car: 2007 Versa Hatchback SL

Glad you posted back. I could not remember your name or enough of the Post Subject to search.

You are not alone! I'm looking for the same thing to protect the sides of my Versa. There are people here that can't get out of a vehicle while holding the door. Will not say they are fat or even suggest that. They throw the door open, grab what they can and spend about 2 minutes wiggling around. Even if the door stop caught, the wind does the rest. We have a certain group of people here that still drive the older Tudor sedans. Remember how long those doors are? The worse of all is they don't give a crap.

It's my car. I can put old tires on the side should I want!

If you locate something that pleases you please post as much info as you can about it. A picture would be nice.

bobcat75662
Car: 2007 versa

I am going to call around to some body shops and see if they can fit some side molding on my Versa. I too thought the car looked cool without the molding and guess what happened........I got a #^%@ dent in my drivers door......don't even have 1000 miles on it yet and some INCONSIDERATE *** has managed to hit it. I am hoping a body shop can retrofit some side molding and match the color and get the dent out without costing me a fortune.

yerrago
Car: 92 Pathfinder 3" Lifts, 32" tires

"nissan will be releasing a sport package for the versa sl which will add a spoiler, side skirts, rear and front bumper skirts and performance tires with larger wheels. (the dealership told me)"

If you go to carsdirect.com, it has the sports package for $700, but if you configure at nissan's site the versa, it still doesn't show the sports package.

Funny I went to a dealership and walked out later because the salesman told me he can't price out the sports package because there isn't any out there. Asked if I can ask it to be configured at the factory, he said I'd need to order first before I know the final price.

Which proves the law of dumber and nicer: Dumb sales reps sell nice cars!

ducatinova

Agree that some should be accessories. They have very few accessories available.

BubbaGoose

lookee here!

Mudd
Car: 2007 Versa Hatchback SL

I like that. Seems to be on the Fresh Powder White. That's what I have and I've been thinking of a black strip as the lower wrap-around is black.

I'm going to hound my dealer again and see if they will contact Tiida and see if they can order from Tiida.

Glad you hung with it. You are not alone with the "against door bangers." I'm looking also and have been talking to a Repair Shop. They keep telling me to make a choice and they'll do it. Taking a picture of this with me tomorrow and check with them.

Thanks again for the post.

bobcat75662
Car: 2007 versa

Oh heck, I did not shrink the pic before uploading....sorry for that...here is another one. this time i made it smaller

Kegard
Car: 1.8SL CVT

Hey, where did you get your sunroof? How much?

Return to “Versa General Chat”