Early impressions: Replaced 2018 Rogue SV with 2023 SV

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
tedc
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

Very impressed with the 2023 Rogue SV overall vs the 2018 Rogue SV which I owned for 4.5 years. Here is a quick analysis of the good, the bad and the ugly. The good includes much more get-up-and-go, more responsive CVT (feels very much like a transmission with gears), slightly better MPG (as long as you minimize getting into the turbo boost), smoother ride even with 18" rims vs 17", extremely quiet inside (has active noise cancellation), comfortable seats, additional safety features and better headlights. The bad includes a poor job by Nissan in the packaging of features. The base SV no longer has power hatch, heated seats, multi-tilt rear seats, divide and hide hatch floor, leather steering wheel and roof rails. The optional SV package was a no go for me because it took away too much head room due to the moon roof. The ugly is the tires. So typical these days are OEM tires that have such little tread depth. I expect no more than 20K miles before they need replacing.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Thank you for the review!
The 2018 Rogues have a good reputaiton so the new design must be quite good to impress you.:)
Can you compre to your 2021 Sentra for us too?

tedc
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

The 2021 Sentra SV replaced a 2014 Cruze LT. Would of purchased another Cruze if GM continued to offer them. However, Nissan did a really nice job improving the Sentra from the prior edition. Here would be my good, bad and ugly. The good includes great looks, responsive engine/transmission and steering (CVT responds more like a geared transmission, not as good as the 2023 Rouge but much better than the 2018 Rogue), 2.0L non-turbo gets great MPG (high 30s / low 40s on trips at 72 MPH), smooth/quiet ride, quality of interior, standard safety features, and awesome paint finish with optional red. Ugly, a little harder to get in and out of vs Cruze and touch screen could have better contrast. It has been reliable and not back to the dealer for a single issue. The bad includes the same issue with the Rogue. OEM tires have inadequate tread depth for long life. 20K miles at best.

Would also add another "good" for both the 2023 Rogue and 2021 Sentra. They DO NOT have the stop/start engine feature. Sure hope Nissan does not add it. I test drove other brands that would shut off when I'm in heavy traffic at a stop light with the A/C running. Maybe it saves some fuel, but it adds extra noise, wear and adds a delay when moving from a stop light.

Still need to investigate for both the Sentra and Rogue the ability to automatically sense TPMS locations removing the need to reprogram ECM when rotating tires. When I rotated the tires on the Sentra, my TPMS tool did not list the vehicle for updating ECM which was a required step on my 2018 Rogue. To my surprise after driving the Sentra for a short distance it properly reported the new locations. If any Nissan Tech knows more about this, please share. Somewhere on the internet I read that the newer Nissans can actually store 8 TPMS IDs allowing 2 sets of tires for easy switchover. This would be an AWESOME feature if true.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

tedc wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:08 am

1)The 2021 Sentra SV replaced a 2014 Cruze LT. Would of purchased another Cruze if GM continued to offer them. However, Nissan did a really nice job improving the Sentra from the prior edition. Here would be my good, bad and ugly. The good includes great looks, responsive engine/transmission and steering (CVT responds more like a geared transmission, not as good as the 2023 Rouge but much better than the 2018 Rogue), 2.0L non-turbo gets great MPG (high 30s / low 40s on trips at 72 MPH), smooth/quiet ride, quality of interior, standard safety features, and awesome paint finish with optional red. Ugly, a little harder to get in and out of vs Cruze and touch screen could have better contrast. It has been reliable and not back to the dealer for a single issue. The bad includes the same issue with the Rogue. OEM tires have inadequate tread depth for long life. 20K miles at best.

2)Still need to investigate for both the Sentra and Rogue the ability to automatically sense TPMS locations removing the need to reprogram ECM when rotating tires. When I rotated the tires on the Sentra, my TPMS tool did not list the vehicle for updating ECM which was a required step on my 2018 Rogue. To my surprise after driving the Sentra for a short distance it properly reported the new locations. If any Nissan Tech knows more about this, please share. Somewhere on the internet I read that the newer Nissans can actually store 8 TPMS IDs allowing 2 sets of tires for easy switchover. This would be an AWESOME feature if true.

1)Sounds like a winner! :yesnod

2)Please be sure ot let us know what you find out (unless one of our experts see this posts and maybe knows the answer) :cool:

thom
Car: 2015 rogue sv awd prem

re: 2023 Rogue SV overall vs the 2018 Rogue SV

I also would miss the upgraded velour (in my case tan) upholstery that the older SV's had.

Return to “Rogue Forum”