early FX45 Devolpment mule

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

were getting close kids :

http://www.thecarconnection.co...n=156

still dont like it very much outside the powertrain , might be the first ugly infiniti

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

Once they slap the 21" chrome bling-bling rims on there -- and after a few hip-hop video appearances -- it'll sell like crazy.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

i like it, reminds me of what the M45 should be. i hope those 20" never come to town..those pics are nasty!Good side: with the AWD platform that's one more step closer to having a skyline in the US.

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

greg_atlanta wrote:Once they slap the 21" chrome bling-bling rims on there -- and after a few hip-hop video appearances -- it'll sell like crazy.
That's exactly right!

I kinda like it!

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

I think final production model is down to 20" wheels.

Lots of details on Infiniti site now.

Jberger

Has anyone found good shots of the PRODUCTION interior? The exterior shots are everywhere, but no good interior shots.

The feature list on the FX is impressive. Looks like the heated and cooled seats are on board, as well as the adaptive cruise control, voice recognition, Rear Camera, etc.

There's even a mention of the Intelligent Key, for keyless entry AND ignition, I guess it's a variation on MB's KeylessGO.

Can't wait to see this car in person. It's got all the markings of BMW X5 4.6 si killer!

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

"Can't wait to see this car in person. It's got all the markings of BMW X5 4.6 si killer!"

exelent point , till there is a M edtion ...(isnt there already one?) and a AWD V8 G35 would be cool too, guys i think infiniti is going after BMW this time , no more of this trying to be lexus crap...wonder if they will make a 2 seat sports car with a open top? perhaps use the Z convertable and slide the AWD and V8 in it with a clean wingless body ?

Jberger

I think the X5 4.6 really is as close to an M edition as BMW will admit. The risk alot of backlash (i.e. Porsche Cayenne) if they brand it with an M badge. As a former M owner I can say it would have devauled the brand in my opinion.

The ultimate driving machine can't be a truck, or can it? The Cayenne may force BMW into rebadging the car, perhaps upgrading the motor to the M5 version and adding a new body package.

If you drive the 4.6 si, you find it's just an M without a badge. Bring on the FX45!I can't wait to see what the final horsepower numbers are, if they happen to gear it right, it outta be a blast.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

Jberger wrote:I think the X5 4.6 really is as close to an M edition as BMW will admit. The risk alot of backlash (i.e. Porsche Cayenne) if they brand it with an M badge. As a former M owner I can say it would have devauled the brand in my opinion.

The ultimate driving machine can't be a truck, or can it? The Cayenne may force BMW into rebadging the car, perhaps upgrading the motor to the M5 version and adding a new body package.

If you drive the 4.6 si, you find it's just an M without a badge. Bring on the FX45!I can't wait to see what the final horsepower numbers are, if they happen to gear it right, it outta be a blast.

true, as far as I know bmw never released WHY there wasn't a M badging, but it went neck and neck with MCB AMG SUV, so it must be.

OK, so it seems Nissan/Infiniti is answering BMW with cars G35,Q45,M45,FX45, but what ABOUT the M cars? Is Nissan going to do anything about those or just leave Bimmer alone in that class?

Return to “Murano Forum”