Eagles Fire Clip Kelly

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
ronin47
Car: 1995 300Z

I am not an Eagles fan, but being in the tri-state area of NY/NJ/PA, I have many friends who are. To say that the firing of Coach Clip Kelly in week 17 is shocking is an understatement. I am also seeing mixed reaction among my friends as to how they feel about it. I think most knew his time with the organization was drawing to a close, but I don't think anyone saw this coming before the end of the season.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I wasn't surprised. I'm a Giant fan, and it was easy to see Chip was in over his head, especially when he pushed and got his say on personnel. As "GM", most of personnel decisions he made significantly weakened the team. Then as a coach, he was unwilling to tweak the system to take advantage of the talents of the players he signed. Good coaches adjust, bad ones don't. For example, he got rid of a good slashing type of running back in McCoy, and replaced him with a north-south between the tackles bruiser Murray, then expected him to be a slasher like McCoy. Face it, you don't sign Larry Czonka and expect him to run like Mercury Morris. I think Lurie made the right move at the right time. Think about it, if they finished the season with a win, Lurie risked getting pressure to use it as a springboard for next season. The Chip problem was clearly bigger than one game, so I think he played it smartly. Though it's gonna hit him hard in the wallet doing it that way.

RCA

This whole Chip Kelly firing is going to haunt the Eagles for years to come.

He was finally moving the franchise in the right direction.

Now the whole organization is lost at see.

I don't see much success coming their way for a long time.

Return to “The Sports Bar”