Dyno'd the Altima....

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Dave@ActiveTuning

Yup, just did it today ;) I did two runs, one was a 3rd gear pull the other was a 4th gear pull. The dyno's were done by eipTuning in Westminster, MD. You can check them out at http://www.eiptuning.com or give them a call at 1-800-784-8100, just make sure to tell them Dave from ActiveTuning sent ya.

Performance modifications: Mossy Gen II Catback, Stillen Race Pipe, Injen Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Crank Pulley, 18" wheels.

Here's the video I compiled:

http://home.comcast.net/~activetuning/dyno.wmv

And the results:

stillmatic

Cool, how much did the dyno cost?

Dave@ActiveTuning

Dyno was sponsored ;)

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

not too shabby.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

awesome pulls. i want that grille so badly, where can i get one?, also, i want to dyno my stock 4cyl, just curious

Dave@ActiveTuning

nlzmo400r

thanks for the link bro, i really appreciate it, o yea, bad *** car, im assuming you're not done with her though?

nlzmo400r

i know this may sound like a dumb questoin, but an honest ansewr would be appreciated, if i were to buy the sport grille for my altima, do they do a very good job painting the grille, im assuming you use factory colors, but im just curious if i shuold just paint it here, i dont want the paint to get screwed up in shipping or anything ya know, also, im assuming since u dont have any silver in stock it would take about a month and a half to get to my door?, and lastly ( sorry for all hte ?s) what looks better in your opinion, silver on my silver car, or the 'natural' silver that it comes with?

Dave@ActiveTuning

Of course not ;)

Actually, it's my company that makes the grille, we do an excellent job of painting ;) Anyways, when the grilles come back, they will actually be sold unpainted, so you won't really have the option anymore. Make sure to stay tuned to ActiveTuning.com on a daily basis, because it's possible that they may be around only for a limited time, and that's it.

My honest opinion, silver with natural aluminum mesh looks best...great example here:

More examples here:

http://www.activetuning.com/pr...y.php

nlzmo400r

i know, ive seen all the pics, and that is my favorite also, i want a small nismo symbol in the corner of my grille, im assuming you dont sell those? also, thanks for all the answers to my questions, but one last one, about how much would it cost to get the grille painted by someone else? i have a bottle of touch-up paint, but i dont know if it will be enough to paint the grille, just a ball park would be very appreciated, thanks alot

Dave@ActiveTuning

No problem, you can find the Nismo emblem on eBay, that's where we got ours ;)

As for a body shop painting it, should be between $35-$75

nlzmo400r

thats a pretty big gap between the paint, i was thinking more like 3o bucks or so, will the price of the grille come down considering the paint wil no longer be included?

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

I'm in awe at those Alty's and at your dyno #'s. Just completely in awe.

Dave@ActiveTuning

Yup, the price should be $150 when it comes back. :)

nlzmo400r

well that pretty much settles it, im gonna go ahead and order one, i massuming itll have to go on my credit card?, or can i just send a money order or something, hell i have the cash, but im sold on your grille, so id much rather just order from you than get one locally

Dave@ActiveTuning

Actually, we took it off the market, but it should be back on this week in limited quantities. Either check ActiveTuning.com on a daily basis and order ASAP as soon as you see news that it's back, or e-mail me and I'll add you to my list, and I'll e-mail you back as soon as you can order. You can pay either PayPal or send a check/money order. My e-mail is [email protected]

nlzmo400r

thanks for all of the helpful info bro, i HOPE to get the rest of the money to order this thing by october for sure (as i have an *** load of bills at the moment), but u should expect an email from me by mid october or so

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

Since we are on the subject of from grills. I hope that all the '04 Maxima owners purchase some sort of after market grill. I do not like the stock one at all.

nlzmo400r

neither do i, hell i dont like my stock altima grille, but hopefully in coming months, itll be changed for an active tuning grille

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Altiman94 wrote:Since we are on the subject of from grills. I hope that all the '04 Maxima owners purchase some sort of after market grill. I do not like the stock one at all.
I saw an 04 Maxima the other day with the same grill thet I have on my Altima.The MaX was black and man did it look awesome!Totally made the car.

nlzmo400r

i would love to see some maximas with replaced grilles around here, i think the stock looks horrindous unless the car is black white or silver, then its 'barable'

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”