DYI: Replace Instrument Panel Clear Cover

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
yearoftherat
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

For those of you that are disappointed with how easy the clear cover on the instrument panel of their Rogue scratches, its easier to replace than you think.
Disclaimer: Do at your own risk and take your time. I will not be held responsible for any damages you incur.
Part Number:

Remove fuse panel:

Remove Vent:

Remove Left Lower Panel

Remove Right Lower Panel:
You will have to unclip part the the HVAC panel to remove this panel completely.

Unclip the steering column dust cover behind the steering coloum cover.
Make sure you unlock the steering column drop it to its lowest position.
The gauge trim is held in place by two tabs, one on each side of the steering column.
Carefully pull the trim towards you to unclip it, lift above the steering wheel to remove it.
The clear gauge cover is held in the bottom by 3 clips which needs to be pressed in to unclip it from the instrument panel

New cover installed.

KoiMaxx
Car: 2017 Rogue SL AWD

Nice write-up. If there was one gripe I found with my Rogue it was this. It would've been nice if it had at least been angled down so it doesn't accumulate dust as quickly. I wonder if there are screen protectors available that won't require tearing down half the entire dashboard to install.

yearoftherat

There are ones available on eBay, AliExpress, etc BUT they do not conform to the curvature of the lens. For what it’s worth it took me under 30 minutes to do the whole thing.
I had contemplated on getting PPF/3M applied though it which still can be scratched if the wrong cloth is used.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

You could also try a ceramic coating

Altair 4
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV - Rogue 1
2020 Nissan Rogue SV - Rogue 2

Thanks for posting these instructions. I bought a OEM replacement lens online from a Nissan dealer and did the install yesterday. The instructions were spot-on, although my vent bezel only came out, not the entire mechanism with the louvers. Also, the replacement lens has a light grey tint, not clear like the original. All in all, it's a vast improvement. The original lens was scratched and hazed (I'm thinking from either a cleaning solution or a product like Amor-all) by the original owner. The instrument panel looks brand. I'd say it took 30 minutes to disassemble, and maybe 5 minutes to get it all back together. Total cost, including shipping, was just under $30 - a good deal in my view.

Just for giggles, I'm saving the old piece and may try cleaning it the next time I de-haze the headlights on our 2003 VW Passat.

yearoftherat

@Altair 4
Glad it helped you out. The plastic cover is pretty soft overall but would be interesting to see the results.

Return to “Rogue Forum”