dvd

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
skunkey
Car: 2006 black fx 45

so my fx didn't come with the second dvd player like it was supposed to. not sure if it was removed or what. so im wondering what the simple way is to add it back in. i have the nav dvd rom under the seat but i want to be able to want movies on the nav screen also. thx

Socaldiablo
Car: 2004 Infiniti QX56 - Black on Willow
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Black on Black
2006 Ducati ST3
2008 Kawasaki KLX450r

you have to install the wiring harness that enables you to watch movies on your Nav screen, which you'll need to buy from a retailer who sells them. Google it online and you'll surely find retailers who sell these. Not sure what you mean about your FX didn't come with the second DVD player like it was suppose to. Infiniti does not build these vehicles with that option. It is acutally illegal in most, if not all, states to have the capability to watch movies on your Navigation screen as it is a distraction that is no different than texting while driving. My QX56 has it but I had it installed after-market and my dealer did the install but they told me they could get in trouble for doing it. I was tight with the service managers and gave them a LOT of business, having two Infinitis routinely serviced at their shop.

skunkey
Car: 2006 black fx 45

when i decoded the vin it said it had the dvd package. now a buddy of mine has an m35 it has the nav dvd rom and a dvd player. both use the nav screen on the dash. ive checked and mine should have a dvd player in the center console in the back seat area. so i was curious how to go about installing that. now you said all i need to do is get a new wiring harness? when i put a dvd in the dvd rom it say disc unreadable.

Socaldiablo
Car: 2004 Infiniti QX56 - Black on Willow
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Black on Black
2006 Ducati ST3
2008 Kawasaki KLX450r

Oh, OK. If your buddy has the newer M35 with the optional DVD package, it's probably the system where you can watch movies on the front NAV screen but the car has to be parked with the parking brake depressed. Unless he has headrest DVD screens and if so, he would have had to install the by-pass wiring harness. What I have is the DVD player in my center console with a single pull down screen for the second row seats (the stock QX56 set-up). Then I had the wiring harness installed, which requires you to remove the shifter console and plug in the harness under there, and now I can watch movies that are playing on the rear screen on my NAV screen at the same time while the truck is in motion. I don't have to be parked with the parking brake on. This is what I was referring to as illegal as it is a distraction. I also have a flip switch in the cubby area just south of the shifter console where I can toggle back and forth between NAV (map view) and DVD (movie view), in case I pull up next to a cop.

So your FX probably has the same DVD system as my QX56 and not like your buddy's newer M35. Does your FX have the DVD player installed in the back or is it missing? It should be in the center console back facing outward towards the backseats. The NAV DVD player is something completely different and movie DVDs won't play on it, as you figured out. If so, you will need the by-pass wiring harness that I am referring to. It's probably $150-$200 for the harness and if you need someone to install it, probably another $100 for the install.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”