DVD Map

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
DaguyNexdoor2u
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Does anyone know if I can upgrade the map for my 03' G35?? Im was trying to buy a map which is the 7.1 version on ebay but im reluctant that it might not work....Does anyone knows that it will work?........

Or if anyone is willing to burn me a copy or send?? That would be nice....
Modified by DaguyNexdoor2u at 12:16 AM 3/31/2008

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

the newest version that will work in your car is 6.6

don't buy the 7.1

email me

goneracin
Car: 2004 G35X Sedan 1990 Mustang conv.

Mine is a 04. When did the 6.6 come out and what are the advantages of upgrading besides the newer roads?

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

The only advantages are new roades/better coverage. Maps are much more detailed.

http://www.zenrin.com/infiniti/DVD6/that page has all the info you ask for

Magellan
Car: G37 Journey

DaguyNexdoor2u wrote:Or if anyone is willing to burn me a copy or send?? That would be nice....
What you’re suggesting is illegal. I know the price for offical updated disks is not cheap, but if this sort of thing goes on, they will be even more expense for us law abiding nerds.

numskul
Car: '08 G35- Desert Platinum-Prem, Nav, Tech

Magellan wrote:What you’re suggesting is illegal. I know the price for offical updated disks is not cheap, but if this sort of thing goes on, they will be even more expense for us law abiding nerds.
...Not to mention the harm done to the employees of the companies who develop these products. Everyone likes to think they care about the little guy, but if they can get free or pirated nav maps...screw the little guy and fire up PayPal!

G'd up
Car: '04 G35 sedan Premium PKG Sports PKG AERO PKG

wow.... lighten up guys....

phil4watching
Car: 06 infiniti g35 coupe

yeah forreal... maybe they shouldnt overcharge for it

Magellan
Car: G37 Journey

phil4watching wrote:yeah forreal... maybe they shouldnt overcharge for it
How do you know they're overcharging? Maybe with all development and technical costs involved it’s a bargain, i.e., until pirated copies drive them out of business and the next company that contracts with Nissan charges double.

But the point may be moot. When I upgraded the nav disk for my 2004 G35 coupe, it came with a special setup disk that I had to insert first. I believe it’s to prevent pirated copies from ever being used.

numskul
Car: '08 G35- Desert Platinum-Prem, Nav, Tech

Right- we should lighten up. Steal whatever you want and justify it however you like. Do it in plain public view and when others take exception to the crime being committed right in front of them, tell them to lighten up and that it's the software company's fault for charging too much. I wonder how lightly you would take it if I came to where you worked and stole your products and then blamed my crime on your high prices....but I'm not the police and since I don't work directly for the company in question will take your advice and lighten-up. Sorry- this subject just hits close to home....

DaguyNexdoor2u
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Magellan wrote:What you’re suggesting is illegal. I know the price for offical updated disks is not cheap, but if this sort of thing goes on, they will be even more expense for us law abiding nerds.
Lighten up guys, geeshh. I did say I AM BUYING a a copy...and i did say it would be nice if someone does give me or burn me a copy....

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”