Duy's T70

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Trevor

I was just curious as to what the spool time on that monster would be? I know that he used some amount of nitrous but not sure on how much. Does anybody know if he drove the car on the street as well or if it was strictly a track car? Thanks

kansaidrift

If i remember correctly Duy didn't have a problem spooling that big turbo. Probably because he was running a 150 shot of laughing gas. In any case, as i understood it the car was a daily driver, and one helluva sleeper if you didn't recognize it. Now i have a qeustion. I've been trying to find Duy's qaurter mile times. When his car sold on ebay he claimed he'd run a best of 10.4 at 158 mph. This was before the custom short runner manifold and a set of cams. I don't know if that was a typo or if he was for real, but that mph doesn't seem to collate with his et.

JSPEC SilEighty

The fastest that I've ever heard of him running is a 10.83. not sure about what the trap speed was. you can watch the video of that run here That run was with his T70. Then here is a different run that was an 11.9 with his older turbo here

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

I'm sorry, but in my book, Duy's car is the absolute epitome of what I want my 240 to be, Anyone know what Internals he was using?

Rick

JSPEC SilEighty

95_240sx wrote:I'm sorry, but in my book, Duy's car is the absolute epitome of what I want my 240 to be, Anyone know what Internals he was using?

Rick

I agree :cool: you can check out his specs and some pic here

kansaidrift

Ahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhah, wait a minute, i think i remember seeing an in car run from Duys beast once. Ok, anyone else see this let me know? He blasted out an 11 second qaurter mile, however during exceleration through each gear you could see the entire center panel (radio housing, climate control ect) come out about four inches. Then when he'd shift it would slam violently back into place. Anyhow i'm pretty sure it was his car. Let me know if anyone else has seen this. If not i hope you do cause its hella funny.

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

kansaidrift wrote:Ahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhah, wait a minute, i think i remember seeing an in car run from Duys beast once. Ok, anyone else see this let me know? He blasted out an 11 second qaurter mile, however during exceleration through each gear you could see the entire center panel (radio housing, climate control ect) come out about four inches. Then when he'd shift it would slam violently back into place. Anyhow i'm pretty sure it was his car. Let me know if anyone else has seen this. If not i hope you do cause its hella funny.

Actually I remeber it being something like a 10.7 or 10.8

Btw, anyone know anything about a Linelock kit for the 240?

Rick

kansaidrift

How hard would it be to use the line locker from say just a domestic. Pick one up for say a newer camaro (they cost about $170) and modify the wiring for the 240. I don't know if this would actually work, i'll look into it more. As for an actual kit specifically for the 240 i know i've never seen one. Let me know what you think though. Maybe you can think of some problems with wiring up a domestic line lock.

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

any1 know a place that sells those 7-spoke Dazmataz wheels that he has on the front in some of the pics?

-Dan

TrueSlide
Car: Stuff

Man his car is whack, its so slow, I run my 8th mile in 10.5, he hasn't even finished the 1/4 yet, whats his problem, pffft turbo my ***.

TrueSlide

Hehehe, jokin, that car is badass, and fuggin nuts!!!!!! I wonder what the turbo lag is like without the nitrous.

JSPEC SilEighty

kansaidrift wrote:Ahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhah, wait a minute, i think i remember seeing an in car run from Duys beast once. Ok, anyone else see this let me know? He blasted out an 11 second qaurter mile, however during exceleration through each gear you could see the entire center panel (radio housing, climate control ect) come out about four inches. Then when he'd shift it would slam violently back into place. Anyhow i'm pretty sure it was his car. Let me know if anyone else has seen this. If not i hope you do cause its hella funny.

I think you would be referring to this video

JSPEC SilEighty

Trueslide, where are you in VA? I'm in va beach

TrueSlide

Iam stuck in the lynchburg area of VA.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”