Duelly swap

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
Vi_king
Car: 1988 Nissan hardbody single cab 2WD flatbed Dulley standard
1999 Nissan Frontier 4WD

Hi I’m in the middle of a project and I was wondering if my Nissan 1988 hardbody single cab pickup duellies would swap out with a 1999 Nissan Frontier 4x4 single cab anything helps i read an article that says you can but need the reassurance before I go full retard on something thanks for your time and knowledge :gotme :bigthumb:

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

We'd love to hear more abut your project but I cannot answer your question with confidence of 1st hand knowledge.

whomadewho
Car: 1997 Nissan pickup

Things to consider... Is the 1988 Hardbody a drop out or a Dana differential. Same thing with the Frontier. Could effect the length of drive shaft. Are the yokes the same. The frontier has ABS brakes. Check the gear ratio, could effect the accuracy of the speedometer. Question... Is this to increase load weight or for cosmetic. I am assuming the Frontier has a flatbed. Just curious any possibility of modifying the wheel studs on the Frontier to accept the wheels from the hardbody. The rear brake shoe dimensions could POSSIBLY? Effect the braking? Interesting project keep us updated.

whomadewho
Car: 1997 Nissan pickup

Things could get ugly being the Frontier is a 4x4.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”