Duane Hammet- way to go, union!

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Saw this on the local news this morning.

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/232/206/ ... _Best.html

Too bad the union is protecting the jobs of its illiterate management.

dusred
Car: Previous Q45 owner, 09 Corolla, Ford F250 Diesel truck

I was traveling today and turned on Sean Hannity and interestingly enough this guy was on there. My first thought was WTF! but after realizing it's a union I wasn't surprised. He spent 10 minutes telling how awesome his son is, how he served for the fire department from the time he was 16 and just how he was so proud of him for joining the Navy. He said he took a tour on the George H W Bush, the ship his son is serving on, and they gave him that shirt. He called it "my son's flag".

He said he voted against Obama but supported him as President. He said he didn't want it to turn into a political thing. He basically said the union can go fcuk themselves and he'll find another job. I hope the best for him.

I suspect Obama to come out soon and throw the unions under the bus.

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Update- today KTLA said Hammet was contacted by the union and it's "bending over backwards" to make it up to him. From what I understand it includes paying him in full as if he had done the work and dealing with the union people who fired him.

Probably wouldn't have happened if KTLA hadn't been all over it yesterday and made a big case of it all day long. Once the national news picked it up it was too much negative press for the union to handle.

IBCoupe
Car: '08 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE
'19 Infiniti QX50 FWD
'17 BMW 330e iPerformance

Before It's News wrote:It seems union workers are not allowed to wear political clothing of any kind during a presidential event.

Duane’s shirt and sweatshirt wasn’t about support of “41″ but rather of the USS George H.W. Bush AIRCRAFT CARRIER on which his son is currently serving proudly.
That entire thing (both the sweatshirt and the firing) seems pretty innocuous.

Which, of course, is no reason not to blow either out of proportion.

Return to “Politics Etc.”