Dual zone climate passenger temperature control

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue999
Car: 2015 Rogue AWD SL

The passenger temperature control in my 2015 Rogue SL Premium vehicle does not appear to have any effect on the temperature, except for the 90 deg setting or the 60 deg setting. I've tried all mode settings, vent, foot, vent + foot, defrost, etc. in both Auto and non-auto. Driver side does have some degree of change, but not what I would call linear. Neither my wife nor myself have been really uncomfortable with the driver side setting, but would like the passenger side to work. Is there some trick to getting it to work?
Thanks for your help!

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

I'm guessing there's a problem, but here's a cool video to review - just in case you overlooked something.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUS9mh0GihE[/youtube]
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fix video link

Rogue999
Car: 2015 Rogue AWD SL

Thank you Q451990 for your reply. Yes , I had watched that video as well as couple dozen others. I thought Nissan did a nice job with the videos and I found them helpful. I think I understand how the climate controls are described to work, between the owners manual and the video, but they don't seem to work as described. We don't use the "Auto" mode because we like to control the fan speed ourselves. In the "Non-Auto" mode changing the passenger temperature control setting does not change the temperature of the air blowing out of the passenger side vents. Or any vents for that matter with one exception. If we set the passenger temperature control to either extreme, 60 deg. or 90 deg. then we get very cold air or very hot air respectively. If you turn the passenger temperature control back one degree to 61 deg. or 89 deg. the air temperature returns immediately back to the unchanging temperature before making any changes. It's like the system is stuck in "Auto" mode for the passenger side.

The Driver side has some control, in other words it dose have a change in the temperature of the air flow, but not what I would call uniform. When you reach 89, the temperature will jump abruptly from 89 to 90 from warm to hot!

Now we have not been uncomfortable so no complaint there, which makes me think it's somehow stuck in between the two modes, "Auto" and "Non-Auto".
Thanks again for your reply!

gobblerman
Car: 2015 Rogue SV AWD family package

Same problem here with my 2015 sv, two weeks old. Drivers side working passenger side blowing cold with setting of 89. Raise setting to 90 and hot. There have also been times when both sides are set to 75 but 90 is coming out. I thought it was odd when we picked up from the dealer and the system was set to 90. Perhaps he was covering up something. I'm not impressed if this is how the system functions.

Moach018
Car: 2015 Rogue SV AWD Family & Premium Packages

Have the same problem with my week old SV. Did anyone find a resolution or repair that worked?

Steed2016
Car: 2015 Nissan Sentra SL

I have a 2015 Sentra and I just noticed that the passenger side will blow cold no matter what temp i have it set at.

Gemcet
Car: 2017 Rogue SV AWD

Hi All

I have a 2017 Rogue SV and find the same thing, the passenger side is cold and drivers side is hot. I have a thermal temp gun and find the passenger sid about 10 deg c colder. I have noticed that with the auto control on and duel control selected that if both sides are set at 22 deg c and the fan thinks the temp is at 22 deg the fan slowes down. When this happens, if I turn up heat on drivers side the fan starts to increase in speed trying to heat up the drivers side. If I turn the temp back down the fan slows down. If I do the same with the passenger side control the fan speed does not change. That tells me that the passenger side control does nothing. Has anyone else noticed this?

Return to “Rogue Forum”