Dual Electric Fans

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Jarret

the last two generations of the maxima electric fans are fine to use as well, and you already should have a spot on your s13 wiring harness to use it.

Good luck,-Jarret

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

How about no fan at all? LoL. If its winter, whaddaya need a fan for anyway?

Nick.

Blueorb

Are there any kits to just plug an play an electric fan?

bruinbear714

Blueorb wrote:Are there any kits to just plug an play an electric fan?

Yeah, just like there plug and play turbos :D

Blueorb

Are you being funny? Cause I am not sure if you are. Cause there are turbo kits for cars.. where it is just installing.. and not cutting fitting and so on...

Just looking for something that would have everything that I would need for the install.

240SXer
Car: 1995 240sx SE (2jz powered)

All you need is the fans, it depends on how you want to wire it if you need anything else. If you want to just wire it to the ECU on you don't need anything. If you want to have a seprate thermostat you need to buy it, if you want to just wire it to the ignition you dont' need anything else either. Maybe wire.....

technoman
Car: puss

I use an adjustable relay that has a thermo probe. the relay gets its power from ignition

bruinbear714

well you are going to need the fan and a thermostat kit to turn on the fan when the coolant gets hot, which is sensed by a probe. Installation is basically plug and play.

Xero

http://www.srswap.com has two kits one for single electric fans, one for double. Kinda spendy though.

S13Mike

I recently installed the FAl fan in my car it was easy . You do need to remove the radiator to mount the fan. I removed the factory electric fan as well as the mechnical fan. The wiring the the fan comes with is not the easiest to install so I pitched it and weired it diectly to the factoy thermostat. I turn the ac on and let the car idle for 30 min The temp did not rise past it's normal operating temp. The FAL fans are loud!!! when the turn on I would recomend every one get these fans on there cars They lookcoll and help free up some hp.

ChickenBoo

S13Mike wrote:...They look cool and help free up some hp.

Freeing up HP is negligible for a couple of reasons:

1) Your stock fan really doesn't drain much of any HP.

2) By switching to electric fans there's a bigger drain on the Alternator, therefore making the internal generator harder to turn, and draining HP there. I'm not joking either, I know it sounds stupid, but the more energy being drained, the harder it is to turn. Thank you high-school physics.

96_S14_SE
Car: 96 S14 SE - 05 VW GTI 1.8t - 89 S13 coupe "gold on brown"

Sorry but Id say 2 tenths of a second in the quarter mile and 3 - 4 mpg increase on the average in a s14 with an automatic tranny, is a substantiual gain for just swapping out the fan. Thats real world performance by me with only the fan swap.

If nothing more then just reducing the rotational mass of the fan hub, it still helps. But in fact it is reducing the parasitic drag of the hub clutch and pulling of the blades. It frees up lost horsepower, and increases fuel economy as well. In fact with the added 3-4 mpg over the two years (roughly 50k miles) its been in, the fans payed for itself a cpl of times.

My friend with a TT-Z was suprised and thoroughly happy with the results of my 16" fan on his Z. I finally got him sold on getting rid of the mech fan and sold him mine in favor of dual altima fans. His blitz boost controler / monitor (cant rem the model its 2 blits units monted back side to side) registered more 10 - 15 hp then it ever has after the fan swap. I know its not accurate but he changed nothing on the units and ran exactly the same minus the stock fan. We went out to test it on the track and his clutch was severly gone. He barely made it home so next time we'll see. But prior to that he noted how much easier the engine reved and quicker it felt.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”