dry hole /// wet hole !!!!!

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
timmah2013
Car: 1987 Nissan Hardbody Pickup
2003 Nissan Altima
2003 Nissan Sentra SER

Need help regarding head bolts. I'm sure I tapped and cleaned each head bolt hole in the block and found that every one is a dry hole meaning it does not go into water jacket. however when going from one step to the next its easy to dismiss the previous step as being finished and forgotten. Now it appears people are stating the opposite that there are some wet ones.
Is this true my engine is 70% done and i don't want to go back posting.php?mode=post&f=130#

D-UNIT
Car: a 91' S13 (15.014 @ 94.56mph NA) KA-T

Dude what are you talking about?? No ka head bolts go into the water jacket. Even if they did what does it matter? I wanna help but I don't understand the problem. Put the head on, torque the bolts , done.

timmah2013
Car: 1987 Nissan Hardbody Pickup
2003 Nissan Altima
2003 Nissan Sentra SER

Hey thanks you did help, I just needed to know for sure if any bolt hole in a ka24e block went into the water jacket. I should have remembered but couldn't. The reason is simple I dampened the bolts with oil for a good torque , but if they go into the coolant I would probably use a sealer just in case they leaked. I can see how this question confused everyone since nissan guys never have to do this. like i said my engine is 70% done. That's the last time I listen to a Chevy guy!!!

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”