Drove a 2006 M45 Sport Today

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
911/Q45
Car: Autos, Fitness

Umbria Grey with a wheat interior. Very balanced package. Steering was very responsive and ride was firm but comfy on a moderately rough and winding road. Plenty of power and never caught in the wrong gear with the excellent 5 spd auto that I left in drive. Very efficient use of space with more rear seat room than my 90 and plenty of trunk. I think they put the gas tank down low to increase rear volume. They also had a grey car in the showroom with the bourbon interior. I think the magic combo is the umbria grey with the bourbon/rosewood inside. The salesman offered $1000 off MSRP without much effort. I'll let things cool off for a few months and take another look. Very nice car and just the right size.

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

911/Q45 wrote:Umbria Grey with a wheat interior. . I think the magic combo is the umbria grey with the bourbon/rosewood inside. The salesman offered $1000 off MSRP without much effort. I'll let things cool off for a few months and take another look. Very nice car and just the right size.
cool. i'm deliberately staying away because i can't afford a new car right now.not to nitpick, but i didn't think the wheat was avail on the sport? I was wondering about the bourbon with the umbriagrey. that would definetly be on my list as well as black over bourbon/rosewood [and i've never owned a black car]....

$1000 off is nice, but when you think about it, thats only 1.8% on a 55k msrp.....having bought one of the 1st g35's and living thru many tsb's i think there could be other reasons to wait 6 mos or so.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

They are formidable cars. Still a little leary about the VK45DE.

Don't know why the power rear shade is not available on Sport. Why no BiXenon? Why no signal lamp in mirrors, and why no Forged Rays 19" wheels as an option? Do the outside mirrors tilt in reverse? It's an option in Japan.

911/Q45

Oddly, the brochure shows no Sport with wheat, but that's what we drove. They had a black with bourbon/rosewood there, but 15 years of black is enough for my wife. The mirrors do dip in reverse. The power sunshade is only available as part of the premium lux package, which evidently doesn't mesh with the Sport image. I think the flash to pass and high beam Xenon is fairly challenging when you're sticking with proven tech and trying hard to keep the price point down. We're really tempted, but pretty leery of new model glitches. I think the drivetrain is pretty well sorted by the Q, but wonder about that slick intelligent key and some of the other gadgets.

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

911/Q45 wrote: The mirrors do dip in reverse. The power sunshade is only available as part of the premium lux package, which evidently doesn't mesh with the Sport image. I think the flash to pass and high beam Xenon is fairly challenging when you're sticking with proven tech and trying hard to keep the price point down.
True, but why regress from the FX BiXenon? No rear power shade in sport is dumb marketing mistake. Wheat interior in Sport is not meant to be available, so maybe we're seeing some cracks in the original model line-up.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

maxnix wrote:True, but why regress from the FX BiXenon? No rear power shade in sport is dumb marketing mistake. Wheat interior in Sport is not meant to be available, so maybe we're seeing some cracks in the original model line-up.
Whyd do you always have to put a negative spin on everything?

Great car I wouldnt need all those options in a sport version anyway, especially if it helps keep the price from approaching the MB's+BMW's.

Fred..

pretzelboy

You must eat at Firestone(across the street from Moe's) on a regular basis.....That "Pig" sandwich is to die 4. I'm jealous.

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

PalmerWMD wrote:Whyd do you always have to put a negative spin on everything? Fred..
Ever had a rear powered sunshade South of the Red River? It's a great option, as are the pull-up side sunshades on the Premium Q45.

I guess I just know what I like and find useful. No reason not to put the sunshade on the Sport model, except the thinking of Infiniti marketing gurus.

Jason B

maxnix wrote:They are formidable cars. Still a little leary about the VK45DE.

Don't know why the power rear shade is not available on Sport. Why no BiXenon? Why no signal lamp in mirrors, and why no Forged Rays 19" wheels as an option? Do the outside mirrors tilt in reverse? It's an option in Japan.
I can get anyone any of these items from Japan, but noone really seems interested. They never bring over everything from Japan, but I think they made some good choices on what to bring over.

Pic of mirros. I've ordered one set of these for a guy and they go overtop of the existing mirror.

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Jason, tell us about the forged Rays optional 19". Are you saying the sunshade can be added to the Sport model without an extra wiring harness? I bet rear package shelf would be different. How about the HID foglamps?

Jesda

If Infiniti didnt screw up repeatedly and make idiotic decisions left and right, resale values might be too high (bad news for me), and management/marketing students would have less to study and fewer mistakes to learn from (bad news for me).So, really, thanks to Infiniti marketing, I can afford a used Q, and I have more material to use in my research papers -- just when I thought Cadillac offered plenty of examples of how to screw up.

For that, I offer my praise to head of Infiniti's marketing team:

Speaking of Infiniti marketing, I just got my 120-page hardcover 1990 Q45 book that was sent exclusively to each dealer back in the day. There's a bunch of BS in it about rocks, trees, and nature along with HUGE photos. Sure, I understood and connected with the idea, but the public obviously didnt.I'll try to get it scanned soon. There's some really cool profiles and pictures of the brilliant engineers and designers at Nissan.

(More to come, soon as I find a scanner big enough.)

Q-less
Car: 1999 Honda Accord Coupe EX

For amoment there I thought those pics were your new sig. I figured you were rebelling against the whole sig issue of late.

911/Q45

That's Jesda's cousin. He's the better singer of the two that was on American Idol.

Jesda

My version of "The Sign" by Ace of Base didnt get me the fame and fortune my cousin got.

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Jesda wrote: If Infiniti didnt screw up repeatedly and make idiotic decisions left and right, resale values might be too high (bad news for me), and management/marketing students would have less to study and fewer mistakes to learn from (bad news for me).So, really, thanks to Infiniti marketing, I can afford a used Q, and I have more material to use in my research papers -- just when I thought Cadillac offered plenty of examples of how to screw up.

For that, I offer my praise to head of Infiniti's marketing team:

Speaking of Infiniti marketing, I just got my 120-page hardcover 1990 Q45 book that was sent exclusively to each dealer back in the day. There's a bunch of BS in it about rocks, trees, and nature along with HUGE photos. Sure, I understood and connected with the idea, but the public obviously didn't.
To paraphrase H. L. Mencken, "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

Plenty of those who overestimated sure did; re: automobiles - see Tucker.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”