dropping oil pan

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
oi138

Well I'll be dropping my oil pan tommorow to drill in for my oil return line. Was wondering if there is anyway around having to drop the cross member also. Any help would be appreciated.

thanksJames Poe

DaveEEE

Drop the cross member or lift the engine up, those are your options.... When my pan was tapped, they lifted the engine. This caused problems... :eek: My advice to you would be to stick with dropping the cross member.

-david, 93 nsport ka24det

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

If you drop the subframe you still have to take the motor mounts off, and then your right back where you started by just pulling the motor up off the mounts. Plus if you drop the subframe there is a lot more crap to un-bolt, and you will have to re-align the car after you put it all back together, not to mention drain the rack and get covered in P/S fluid.....

DaveEEE

Hmph... This will never end Paul. :) But, like I said, after the problems we had with lifting the engine, my shop had reccomended we dropped the sub-frame instead.

-david, 93 ka24det

oi138

I will probably end up just pulling the motor. I mean I've already done it 4 times anyway. (I hate ka's sometimes) :)

James Poe

DaveEEE

Well then, if you have done it before (without breaking the motor mounts like *COUGH*), then I'm sure you won't have a problem.

-david, 93 ka24det

ADAMHU

we just lifter the motor up slightly....

Wolf240SX
Car: Tuning my car, working on friends cars

lift the motor it is easy. I have dont it dozens of times. Just remove the motor mount nuts and jack the engine up till it almost comes off the studs. Then drop the sway bar and pull the pan out it is easy and quick.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”