Drop Spindles on a 94 Hardbody question

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
D21ej8Life
Car: 94 Nissan Hardbody

So I just bought a 94 Hardbody, and I really want to lower it. At first I thought I’d just do 4” drop blocks in the back and lower the torsion in the front and call it a day, but now I’ve decided I’d rather do lowering spindles for the front. For what I’ve seen, is that lowering spindles do not work with 14in wheels. Now my Hardbody is the xe version, so it has the chrome 14in steelies which looks pretty nice so I want to keep them on...

My question- Is it possible to run 14in wheels on a 1994 Nissan Hardbody with 2in lowering spindles?

Also- If there is no way to run 14s, I will probably buy 16in deep dish white steelies, so what would be a good tire size for those 16x6s?

mouse53
Car: 86 D21 Nissan PU 221,000 mi, sold, 93 Chev Silverado , 91 D21 my work truck.

I have a 91 hardbody RWD with a 3 in drop in the back and lowered the torsions to match about 1in off my front tires which are 235x60x14 on 7.5 steel wheels and I never rub. I'm sure I came down more than 2 -3 inches in the front and had to take the bumpstops off the control arms to clear with 4x4 front shocks its just right. I would rather have gone with drop spindles, but money was tight. If you can bag with 19s, I can't see why 14s wouldn't work with those spindles, but I could be wrong.

VALLEYBOY
Car: HARDBODY

So did you guys try it and figure anything out?

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”