driving my Leaf

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
xpumper
Car: 2011 Leaf

After a few weeks driving my Leaf, I find that any "range anxiety" has evaporated; I know how many "bars" I need to get home, and I always seem to have plenty. My biggest problem is speeding! The car is so quiet that I find myself exceeding the speed limit even more than I intended.

What other drivers do other drivers have to report?

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

That's great to hear xpumper, like a lot of things in life the range anxiety was mostly a human perception issue mostly due to the fact that it is new and different tech from what people are used to.

Glad to hear you're enjoying you car, we don't have a lot of members visiting this site yet but that will be sure to pick up as the months pass and more owners take possession. Keep checking back and creating new topics as necessary, we all want lots of info on this revolutionary new vehicle.

By the way, we're curious where you're located, if you fill out your profile it is useful, in particular with the Leaf I'm curious how many owners will be located in warm climates i.e. southern states vs. areas with winter like where I live (Alberta).

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

xpumper....i hear you on range anxiety, I had an issue driving to Palo Alto Medical last week. My wife gave me the car less than 1/2 charged and by the time I got to PAMF it was way to low to get me back to Half Moon Bay. So I stopped at the Stanford Mall where I found both charging bays used (was that you?) but I was able to steal one from a Leaf that was already charged. Spent 1 hour at the mall and got home no sweat. Not quite as easy as stopping at the Shell station, but if I had started with a full charge all woudl have been fine.

Return to “Leaf Forum”