Driving a I-35 today

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
g35driver
Car: Power kite flying

Hello Folks,Droped the G off for the break wire recall and the insulator door kit. Well dog they loaned me a white I-35 the guy that got there just before me got a silver G. The service tech told me that Infiniti will no longer be making the I-35. I thought I read about that somewhere. It's an alright car, but after about an hour in the I35 :boring I want my G back. In early 2002 the I35 got my attention (Car & Driver). In Novermber 2002 the G got my heart (Test Drive) and I bought the keys.Kev...

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

The I isn't bad, but I agree that it just doesn't match the G. I dropped my coupe this morning and they gave me a Garnet Fire sedan. Very nice, but I miss my coupe. I got a call an hour and a half after I dropped it off and it is already ready to be picked up. That was fast. I got the recall brake switch replaced, the oil change and brakes checked and tires rotated. I am ready to go pick it up now, but I have work to do damnit.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

The G tends to meet what enthusiasts such as ourselves want most.

The I is nothing toi sneeze at powerful and comfy too.

Fred..:)<-- age is showing

Super Dave

I rented an I35 when my truck got broken into during the winter. I was pretty impressed with it for the price. Although it didn't make a good car to beat on, I really liked driving it on the long trips. Comfterable and it had enough power. If you guys think that car is a major step down from the G, I really can't wait for mine to come in. (3-5 more weeks)

I need a pep talk though. I ordered a white 6M/T with the aero, splash guards, and the works inside. I really keep doubting that M/T choice and the white exterior. Obviously I liked it since I ordered it, but i cant help thinking......the automatic would be so mych better in traffic and i don't even have anything to do while i drive. Then I think a real drivers sports car should be a stick. Also, no one seems to like the white one when I show it to them in the pictures. On the other hand, it's my car so who cares what they like. I dunno..........some one just tell me that I made a good choice, cuz it will be here soon.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I saw a wht G35 C 6MT at my dealer and it was jawdropping.It had the aeropackage too!

Fred..:ylsuper

rydwhite

I think the white looks good. Especially with tinted windows. As for the auto or manual. I agree that a true sports car should be manual, but I have the auto and love it. There isn't a wrong choice. They are both fun to drive.

Super Dave

cool, at least i know the true enthusiasts appreciate my choice. I'll probably have the windows tinted the first or second day i get it. My friend does windows, so he'll give me a good deal and it will be done right. I'm thinking I'll do a light tent on the driver/passenger windows (since it's illegal here in cali anyway), then I will go one shade darker around the rest. It should give it a classy look. I also want to do the DVD mod to the car within the first week, but it seems like it will be anything but easy.

rydwhite

Good luck on the dvd mod. I haven't actually heard of anyone doing it on here yet. Many have asked, yet I have heard of no results. The tint should look really nice on the white car. Make sure to post pics of it once you get it. I have only seen one G35 in white so far.

Super Dave

u know i will....

p.s. i really love the red one, but i'm afraid of it being a cop magnet. how has it treated you?

rydwhite

So far no tickets. I know where they usually run radar around town and I keep the speed down in those areas. Otherwise, I've it up over 120 to 130 a couple of times and usually when on the Interestate keep it around 70 or 75. I have had several cops compliment it though when going downtown to work.

Bluestreak
Car: Cars, fatherhood, baseball, music

I won't speak to your color choice- I have the Carib Blue- but can tell you that of all the sticks I've driven in recent years- '88 Saab 900, 96 VW Passat, '97 Infiniti I30t, 2000 BMW 528 (5spd) and 2001 540i (6spd), this is the shortest, smoothest, most responsive shifter I've ever had to live with. I deal with NY traffic, and I love it so much that I don't find it to be a hassle during Friday afternoon nightmare drives. If you like to drive, you're gonna love it too.

Richatchase
Car: People's pursuit of making money.

Mine is red to and I haven't had any problems with tickets. Although I will say they haven't been trying. My radar detector goes off even when I'm under the speed limit! I get pinged with Ka band all the time. Now I just leave it on silent mode.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”