drivetrain puzzle

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
soochi

Hi there guys. Im new on this site so im learning everything for the first time here, as in how the site works anyhow. I have a BIG and i mean BIG question. I would like to know what year of a nissan np300 would go with the perkins 4.182 NON TURBO and bolt it to a 5 speed with a .76 5th gear ratio. and use a diff ratio of 3.36 and if possible have the diff limited slip. I prefer the older style trucks that have the solid headlights instead of the plastic covered headlights as the plastic lights fog up and reduce night vision.
I myself am a chevy guy but i have found that these little nissans are so light that i figure with the right set up i could get super mileage out of it. Thats why i want to do this set up. Plus if i need to push the truck by myself, i can.

If yas have any comments or perhaps questions of old chevys and ofcourse nissans please let me know. Thanx

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

It seems like you're wanting to drop a different engine into a Nissan chassis.
Are you asking which chassis would be a drop in fitment for a custom build?
Because it's custom, you can pick any chassis you like. Any one you pick is going to require custom work to make it fit.
There won't be a drop in and go option.
Anything is possible, if you have enough money

soochi

Ya i understand that its a custom job, but i also know that a diesel was put in and from what i have seen the only difference between certain diesels was the cubics on the inside, not the out side. So it should be just a drop in, atleast under the hood, now the trani im sure will be another story. Im looking for all the info possable so that when i get some cash and time i will go to junk yards and see whats available. Take note that here in mexico things are hard to find lol.

Return to “General Chat”