Driveshaft 'U-joint'

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
av8mech240sx
Car: Flyin', Fixin' and Drivin'

Has anyone had to replace the u-joint? I think mine has gone bad. I've had vibrating in the steering for 3 months now. Gone through all the BS of tires/blances/brakes/rotors....etc. Still hasn't fixed the problem. The whole steering wheel vibrates right between 45-80 mph and stops when I put in the clutch or take my foot off the gas. Sound like a driveshaft problem ? I asked drjohn this..he thought the same as me...the u-joint. How is that to replace....hard or easy? How much does it cost?

GodDrivesA240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

av8mech240sx wrote:Has anyone had to replace the u-joint? I think mine has gone bad. I've had vibrating in the steering for 3 months now. Gone through all the BS of tires/blances/brakes/rotors....etc. Still hasn't fixed the problem. The whole steering wheel vibrates right between 45-80 mph and stops when I put in the clutch or take my foot off the gas. Sound like a driveshaft problem ? I asked drjohn this..he thought the same as me...the u-joint. How is that to replace....hard or easy? How much does it cost?
I changed the center bearing in my old '89. It was easy. Don't know about a ujoint though, but couldn't be that much harder. A friend of mine changed his in his 88 k5 and it didn't take too long...if I remember correctly

Return to “240sx General Discussion”