Drivers Side Seat Back Clicking

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
LegendaryDust
Car: 2005 Acura TSX, 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Sedan

I just noticed the otherday that my drivers side seat back is clicking whenever I lean against it. When I sit up and dont put my back on the back part of the seat it clicks again but then when I sit back against it it clicks again. Anyone else expericencing this?

McLeod1981
Car: Brilliant Silver 2009 Versa 1.8S w/ power-package, cruise control

bump
LegendaryDust wrote:I just noticed the otherday that my drivers side seat back is clicking whenever I lean against it. When I sit up and dont put my back on the back part of the seat it clicks again but then when I sit back against it it clicks again. Anyone else expericencing this?
no what it sounds like is a loose bolt or two in the seat frame where the seat back connects to the seat base, should be covered under warranty.

seanmwhite
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback SL

I am having the same exact problem on my 2009 Versa Hatchback SL. I have taken the car to one dealer in Raleigh, NC and they said - yes the seatback clicks, they took it apart, re-installed it, and said they could not fix it and that it is normal for all Nissan Versas. I said "No way is that normal, it does not seem safe either, and it cannot be normal because the passenger seat does not do it." I opened a claim with Nissan Consumer Affairs and the South East rep directed me to take it another local dealer to evaluate. Which I did, the dealer acknowledged the issue, but said they did not know how or what would fix it. I said wouldn't replacing the seat fix it? I was directed back to my Nissan Consumer Affairs SE Rep, who said she needs to contact Nissan engineering to see if there is a solution, before they decide to replace the seat. I am waiting to hear back from her now.

Did your seat ever get fixed?

Francesco

There is a service bulletin NTB09-043 about noisy front seats that you may want to check or refer the dealer to.

Frank2009 Versa sedan MT-6 [34.6 MPG average over 8800 mi]

NODES
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL (Blue)

Francesco wrote:There is a service bulletin NTB09-043 about noisy front seats that you may want to check or refer the dealer to.

Frank2009 Versa sedan MT-6 [34.6 MPG average over 8800 mi]
I am surprised that the dealer in Raleigh, NC did not see this Service Bulletin.

You would think it would be a place to look at before taking it up with Nissan Engineering.

seanmwhite

Yes, this is insane to think that all along there was a Service Bulletin. I cannot wait to hear the Nissan Regional Rep's excuse today.

Andrews Chalmers
Car: Versa '07 SL CVT

I tried to pull up the NTB with the code given, couldn't find it. Help anyone?

seanmwhite

http://rhcustomers.wordpress.c...3.pdf

I posted the PDF to the site above, but I will have to remove it before EOD - contact me directly if you dont get it

NODES
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL (Blue)

seanmwhite wrote: http://rhcustomers.wordpress.c...3.pdf

I posted the PDF to the site above, but I will have to remove it before EOD - contact me directly if you dont get it
Thanks should help people that do not have warranty any longer.

Andrews Chalmers
Car: Versa '07 SL CVT

Thanks a bunch!

erminiojr
Car: versa

Seanmhite - Could you please assist me with the download of ntb09-43.pdf file? thanks a lot

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”