Drivers side main harness problem

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
greenwood
Car: 92 Vert

Good morning all,

I have a 92 vert with a rb20 swap an many other goodies. Love the car, built it myself. Anyway, my lights had a mind of their own because of the drivers side harness being frayed from track days and being lowered.

I cut the harness and remounted in engine bay and soldered away.

I labeled many wires like the big white ones so everything went back together proper.

However, so many wires, I messed up the green/white (there are multiple) and then the horn was always on, I rewired the green white until the horn worked proper.

Everything is great now, except my top no longer goes down. The rear windows work. Before doing this, my top always worked.

My question is, which wires control the top from the driver's side main harness?

I'm thinking the pink/white?

Although I could be wrong.

Cheers,

Kyle

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Not sure on which wire. You could try to look at the Vert FSM and trace them.
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/

Or possibly just see if a wire from the top up/down switch goes to that section of harness.

greenwood
Car: 92 Vert

The driver's side harness has multiple (5) pink and i believe blue stripe wires, 4 go into one, leading from the relay box at the head light to the back of the car, the wires go from 4 to 1 main at slightly before the strut tower. There is another pink and blue stripe wire that runs all by itself. Identify from the others by seeing if it has the white dot every inch or not, the 4 in the group either have it or they don't. You will see.

Also make sure to look for the blue with green stripe wires, 2. Switch them around like I had to do and now your top will work, provided that it previously worked.

Next time I will be marking all wires that I cut. Common sense Darwin Award.

If your horn stops working, switch around the green/white stripe wires till the horn starts. Good luck and I take no responsibility if your has an electrical fire etc.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”