Drivers door won't open.

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
baldman62
Car: 2013 Infiniti QX56

Hey everyone! Michigan winters are never fun! I went out to go to work today and opened the drivers door. As I went to close it, it wouldn't latch. I slammed it a couple of times, and it still wouldn't shut tight. I flicked the power locks a few times, and then it closed, and latched. I had gotten the car washed yesterday, and figured there were some mechanical's frozen in the door latch assembly. When I got to work I tried to exit the vehicle, and the door would not open. Flicked the locks a few times, and it still wouldn't open. I took the key out of my remote, and worked the lock a few times manually, but the door still won't open. Any ideas on how to get it open? I figure it's gonna be tough trying to get the door panel off with the door closed......

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

baldman62 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:25 am
Any ideas on how to get it open? I figure it's gonna be tough trying to get the door panel off with the door closed......
Yah, tough isn't the word for it (and you don't want to know what a new panel costs). Chances are there's just ice in the mechanism and/or the cables, so run the car with the heater full blast and put a radiant space heater where it can warm up the outside. Once you get it to open, you won't need to wreck a $1700 panel (oops, now you know) just to chase out some ice.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”