Driver seat fraying

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ramstryke

Anyone seeing their driver's seat seam fraying? On the seat part, not the back, along the lines your leg would follow.. I am developing a frayed seam which will probably get worse over time...

Will warranty replace the seat??

jlsatt00

That is sure is unfortunate to hear. I have had my Rogue since October 07. It has gray cloth seats and I drive it daily. I haven't noticed any problems with the seams, but keep us posted!

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I checked mine, as I've been driving the Rogue for almost a year, and it looks fine. So perhaps you've got a defect, I'd definately show it to the dealer the next time you're in for service, I'm sure that would be covered by warranty because it is outside the normal wear pattern compared to the majority of Rogue vehicles (judging by the fact that my seat is in pefect shape, and I've not heard anyone else complain of this issue yet).

I'd get it in within the frist year warranty period so they can call it an "initial adjustment", for some reason my service department seems to think the first year of warranty is significant and easier to get repairs approved, not sure if this is consistent across the board or if it even makes sense, but it's something to watch for.

ntwrkd

ramstryke wrote:Anyone seeing their driver's seat seam fraying? On the seat part, not the back, along the lines your leg would follow.. I am developing a frayed seam which will probably get worse over time...

My Rogue is nearly a year old. I noticed some fraying on the driver seat back nearest the door. I'm sure it's from me rubbing the seat back when I exit the car. This is just from "normal" usage as I don't carry a cell phone on that side of my body. I took some photos to share.

kcfm
Car: former rogue owner

ramstryke wrote:Anyone seeing their driver's seat seam fraying? On the seat part, not the back, along the lines your leg would follow.. I am developing a frayed seam which will probably get worse over time...

I had the same issue. Mine started after only a month of owning it. I took it in and they did replace it under warranty. I did eventually pay to have leather put in because I figured it was only a matter of time before it started to tear again.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

If the seats are really that low quality, then they should provide some custom made quality seat covers to prevent the problem from recurring.

Nissannate25

Could be the seat belt too. I know mine catches between the seat bolster and door when I un-clip it.

twgiv
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Iridium Graphite

I've experienced fraying after only months in my 08 rogue with the SL woven fabric. Dealer replaced but was a bit combative about it.

Leo2005

Nissannate25 wrote:Could be the seat belt too. I know mine catches between the seat bolster and door when I un-clip it.
Hmm. I definitely got this problem not from the seat belt. I wear a seat belt only when I see cops or when they pull me over.

Palmateer
Car: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 premium convertible

Are you prepared to die?
Leo2005 wrote:I wear a seat belt only when I see cops or when they pull me over.

philipa_240sx

In Ontario, Canada we have had seat belt use laws since 1976. The law was recently amended in 2006 so that the driver can be additionally fined for every passenger under 16yrs of age not buckled up. Passengers over 16 not wearing seat belts can be fined individually. This effectively prohibits putting more passengers than available seat belts in a vehicle.

Return to “Rogue Forum”