Driver's side window - broken motor

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Snow White
Car: 2003 Ivory Pearl G35 Coupe

My window doesn't roll down anymore, and when I called the Rosenthal dealership, the manager said they've been experiencing problems with the window motor (I guess that's what it's called...hey, I'm a girl...) on the 2003-4 models. He said it might be some time before the new motors come in; they're expecting a shipment of 40. However, if they are fully aware of this problem, why are they only ordering 40 of these things?? I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced this problem or if they know of any recall? I apologize in advance, if this question has been raised before. Thanks!

Snow White

NorthernG35
Car: 2003 G35 coupe 6MT Black on Black

Hey Snow White,

I've got a similar problem recently. When I called the dealer about this, he mention that this problem is common, and that the motor was in back order.

I hope you're still under the warranty.

NorthernG35

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I had the motor replaced on my drivers side window about a year ago. I hadn't heard that there were any problems. I guess I got in on the problem a bit earlier than most.

By the way, welcome to Nico Snow White and NorthernG35. It's always nice to have some new members.

slickster1013

when my window wouldn't go down all of the sudden i took the door panel off and checked it and it was unhooked, so i would check that before buying a new motor.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

The window motor should be covered by warranty assuming that you are still under warranty. My warranty should expire on the drive home from NOPI next month.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”