Driver's side fuse box grounding the power wire

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Cerevo
Car: 97 240 base

I'm not sure if this is the forum to post this in but it seems logical to me..

OK so to make this as quick as possible (still going to be lengthy) I did an Sr swap, the engine was bad, so I had to put my Ka back in so I can drive the car until I get the Sr fixed.
When I got the Ka back in, the alternator wasn't charging and my tach, speedo, and coolant temp gauges didn't work. I've tried 4 different alternators, 2 batteries and multimetered everything.

Yesterday I discovered that my 75A fuse was grounding out. Skipping all the details to that, I have isolated that the 75A fuse is getting ground from the driver's side floor board fuse box.

Like so:

I found that the large white wire with a blue stripe is the one that has ground continuity. Traced it back here, and found that in the FSM it powers the 3 relays down here. Well the place where that wire plugs in is what's grounding it out.

It's the 2 big prongs on the top of the panel in the picture:

Those 2 prongs are what that large black plug clip into. They are supposed to be the hot side that feeds the relays. I need to know what would short out to cause them to be grounded out.

Can anyone help me?

One more pic.

OH! One last thing, I also pulled all of the relays out and checked them. All of them have continuity on pins 1 and 2, that was it. Also none of my fuses are blown...

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

Electrical problems suck. I'd just start pulling out the fuses and relays that are powered off that circuit until the ground goes away, and then chase that circuit to see where it goes.

Cerevo
Car: 97 240 base

I've pulled every single relay and every single fuse all at once. The ground remains.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”