Driver's seat back panel

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
CFTconnet
Car: G37 Convertible

Hi guys,

So I recently leased a 2009 convertible. On 3 occasions, I've had the plastic paneling (on the back of my drivers seat) pop off. I've noticed that this tends to happen when I have to top down, and possibly when I have the music volume on at a moderately loud level. I'm not sure if the sub-woofer is the possible cause. Is the sub-woofer housed beneath this paneling? Perhaps its the heating/cooling fan that has something to do with it. Last week I took the car into the dealership and the service guy popped it open and then closed it back up. Apparently that wasn't the problem since it popped open again today.Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas?

Thanks

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

CFTconnet wrote:Hi guys,

So I recently leased a 2009 convertible. On 3 occasions, I've had the plastic paneling (on the back of my drivers seat) pop off. I've noticed that this tends to happen when I have to top down, and possibly when I have the music volume on at a moderately loud level. I'm not sure if the sub-woofer is the possible cause. Is the sub-woofer housed beneath this paneling? Perhaps its the heating/cooling fan that has something to do with it. Last week I took the car into the dealership and the service guy popped it open and then closed it back up. Apparently that wasn't the problem since it popped open again today.Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas?

Thanks
Sorry, I havent had that issue. The sub is actually behind the rear seat and not behind the driver's seat back. Try adding a small piece of foam into the "pop rivet" that holds that plastic to the seatback so that there is some extra tension so it remains secure.Good luck (NJ fist pump)

PS - Welcome & congrats on your new ride. Post up some details...

CFTconnet
Car: G37 Convertible

My seat panel keeps popping off, now usually between 3-5 times a day. Pretty much everytime I sit in the seat and lean back, I can hear the panel popping off. The first time I took it in which was at the beginning of March, the technician told me that it was the clips. He said that convertible parts are hard to come by and that he had no idea when they would get them in. At that time the panel was only popping off about 2 or 3 times a week.

As I previously mentioned its popping off multiple times a day so i decided to bring it back in today. Once again I got the run-around, while I was waiting in the costumer's lounge I saw the same tech from last time come over pound the panel back into place and leave. A few seconds later he came back and sat in my driver's seat, at which time I went out to meet him, thinking maybe he needed the car keys. He told me I was all set to go. When I mentioned that he had done the same thing weeks ago and that it had not solved anything he told me there was nothing that he could do until he had the clips (and he again mentioned that parts for the convertible are hard to come by).
His only solution was that I keep closing the panel every time it popped off. When I told him that it was quite embarrassing to constantly have to put the paneling back in to place on a new car he had nothing constructive to say and instead sarcastically asked me if I wanted him to take the clips from another car.
I asked him if there was some sort of adhesive he could use, he stated that it would rot away the rod on which the clips are clamped into place. Once again he had no timetable for me regarding when the clips would come in, he said they would call me when they came in.

Come to think of it, he never even asked for my name or a number where I could be reached. I'm really disappointed with the service and the lack of parts available.

The dealership is Fette Infiniti in Clifton, New Jersey.

PS Thanks for the welcoming bschurr and I'll try and post some pics after a car wash and a few snap shots haha!

cereal2k
Car: 2009 G37S Convertible,2003 G35 Sedan

Wow. I've not heard or had this problem before. This is the non sport model though?

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

CFTconnet wrote:<snip>
I asked him if there was some sort of adhesive he could use, he stated that it would rot away the rod on which the clips are clamped into place. Once again he had no timetable for me regarding when the clips would come in, he said they would call me when they came in.

Come to think of it, he never even asked for my name or a number where I could be reached. I'm really disappointed with the service and the lack of parts available.

The dealership is Fette Infiniti in Clifton, New Jersey.

PS Thanks for the welcoming bschurr and I'll try and post some pics after a car wash and a few snap shots haha!
Howdy neighbor! I live in Bergen County, NJ & got my G at Ramsey Infiniti.

WOW - it is really disappointing to hear that your dealership is so inept. I must say that my service experience has been awesome. I got my car in July and the initial service was complimentary & at the top of the year they called with an offer for an additional free 7,500 mile service. I took them up on the offer and had my 2nd oil change last month at 5k miles. Each service included a nice wash and interior cleaning and they follow up with a call & survey to confirm all was satisfactory. I suggest that you reach out to Ramsey Infiniti and see if they can help.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”